Test Forum delete policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
We have removed all threads from the test forum older than 30 days. In the future we will always prune the posts that are greater than 30 days old.

Originally Posted by Warstud
There is 93 pages in the "Test" forum that date back to 2005. Dont need any more than 5 pages.

Thanks for the suggestion

Originally Posted by wwillson
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by wwillson
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I just posted this and now it won't let me delete it

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5016614/test#Post5016614

You won't be able to delete it. The old posts will be deleted monthly

LOL

Johnny,

What's funny about my response?

You actually gave me the illusion you were going to finally start treating us like adults!

Last edited:
Johnny,

I changed the rights in the test forum for users to delete their own posts. I just logged on with my non-priv user account and made a post, then deleted it. The time limit is 30 minutes.

That sucks! I use the test forum to write down my oil change dates. I can never find a pen and paper. The test forum was a very convenient way to record my maintenance records.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by das_peikko
That sucks! I use the test forum to write down my oil change dates. I can never find a pen and paper. The test forum was a very convenient way to record my maintenance records.
frown.gif

Now that's funny!

So apparently this deletes any images that were associated with these posts as well.
mad.gif

I had used the test forum to upload images when the forum transisitioned to the new software because of how screwed up it was.
Now all the posts I have done for the past several months with images linked to the test forum are now gone.

like this post, no images anymore. I understand pruning the posts, but did not know the pics would disappear as well.

Any way to get those images back?

Originally Posted by das_peikko
frown.gif

Log them all on my cellphone under Memo's I know where they are and they won't unexpectedly go away.

I use the Test Forum to post images so I can link to them in Private Messages because the Private Messages doesn't allow you to upload photo's, only link to a location.
Good to know that this stuff gets deleted...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back