Banana ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take 2 bananas and cut them into say 3/4 inch chunks, freeze them...then put them in a blender, add cut up dates(optional) plus 1/8tsp, of vanilla extract the good stuff. Blend till smooth, put in 2 small bowls,,,it taste great and is non-fattening..it really is good tasting.--from a former icecream lover..

Plant-based whole foods.
banana2.gif

You are making me think of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. I should try this! I am to the age where I look at ice cream and gain lots of weight.

A local place has chocolate banana nut. Near the top of my favorite list. Last time I went to this place (its an ice cream place attached to a dairy with many many cows) I told my wife they ran out of single scoop sundaes and you had to get a double scoop sundae.

I don't eat ice cream and honestly I'm starting not to like meat or even eating.
I started buying bananas and they keep away the starvation. I may try this.
Get hungry- eat a banana- one does it. I ate 3 a day and drink water only and that is enough to keep me going.

I wash the exterior of bananas as they come from the store. anybody else do this?

Went to a local franchise and asked for a Banana Split. The server never heard of it and it wasn't on the menu. She asked "How do I make it?" I purchased a regular ice cream. That wasn't complicated. Geesh!

Now ya got me craving it.......

Originally Posted by Zee09
I don't eat ice cream and honestly I'm starting not to like meat or even eating.
Get hungry- eat a banana- one does it. I ate 3 a day and drink water only and that is enough to keep me going.

I wash the exterior of bananas as they come from the store. anybody else do this?

I'm not a nutritionist nor am I going to tell you what to do, but that sounds incredibly unhealthy.

Originally Posted by JustN89

I'm not a nutritionist nor am I going to tell you what to do, but that sounds incredibly unhealthy.

I second that sentence...but hey, to each his or her own.

I have had some GI issues for the past 2 years, about a year ago I also started to become not hungry. Sometimes I can go all day on something as small as a cup of yogurt for breakfast. This however is not healthy, you need to make sure your body is getting the nutrients it needs.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
That banana-date treat does have a lot of sugar. Its not as healthy as you think if you eat more than about a half cup of it.

About appetite loss, http://www.tube-feeding.com/FAQ/ is something I heard people were doing because they had lost interest in eating & still wanted to stay alive.
http://www.nestlenutritionstore.com/products/General-Tube-Feeding-Nutrition/ is one set of formulas by a respected company. Just make sure you are under doctor's instructions using a tube feeder.

YOu can leave out the dates, this was my 1st attempt on making it...dates were not that important to me...

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
That banana-date treat does have a lot of sugar. Its not as healthy as you think if you eat more than about a half cup of it.

About appetite loss, http://www.tube-feeding.com/FAQ/ is something I heard people were doing because they had lost interest in eating & still wanted to stay alive.
http://www.nestlenutritionstore.com/products/General-Tube-Feeding-Nutrition/ is one set of formulas by a respected company. Just make sure you are under doctor's instructions using a tube feeder.

YOu can leave out the dates, this was my 1st attempt on making it...dates were not that important to me...

I'd recommend replacing the dates with some coconut cream (frozen)
You'll get the added fat (the healthy type) that'll replace the sugar nicely.
Your taste buds and waistline will thank you!

Just the bananas and vanilla sound good to me. But of course the way the OP mentioned making it. I've heard of this before, pretty much frozen bananas for ice cream. Maybe put some flax meal into it for some added nutrition.

Take 2 bananas and cut them into say 3/4 inch chunks, freeze them...then put them in a blender, add cut up dates(optional) plus 1/8tsp, of vanilla extract the good stuff. Blend till smooth, put in 2 small bowls,,,it taste great and is non-fattening..it really is good tasting.--from a former icecream lover..

Plant-based whole foods.
banana2.gif

Add blueberries or strawberries for change in taste and some anti-oxidants...

Store bought Lemons...

Yes, on the rare instances that I'm eating the peel.

lol.gif

The OP's recipe does sound good but it is by no means "not fattening". A banana is low fat but a medium one contains 27 grams carbohydrates with about 14 of them from sugar. These nutrition points of interest coming from a 66 yo male who has had three heart attacks, bypass surgery, a life time of high blood pressure, high job stress, smoked for 27 years and whose main diet is fast food, Chinese takeout and fried food!

Plant-based whole foods.
banana2.gif

Unless this is a pre workout for an intense session most people shouldn't eat it and 1 banana is enough.

thankyou2.gif
all for your input, plant based eating is a different way of eating, just beans,grains,fruits and veggies...and lots of salads, no oils,no fish,no meats,no dairy, sounds rough, but its easy, takes care of ldl and hdl ;problems and reduces heart disease too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back