Lifetime Supply of Front Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a front pads and rotors set for my Ford Flex from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Even with prime it hadn't shipped after a week. It didn't have a ship date or an expected ship date on their site. Then one day FEDEX showed up with the brake kit. The next day UPS showed up with the brake kit. The Amazon site still hadn't updated the status. The next day a UPS tracking number appeared on Amazon and 2 days later UPS delivered a third brake set. I contacted Amazon CS and they said "keep them". So I've got enough front pads and rotors to last for as long as we'll keep the car.

Hahhaha! They did the same thing with a book I ordered about Mustang chassis tuning.

They kept showing "Volume 1" in stock, and I kept telling them they aren't sending me the right one.

I now have 6 copies of "Volume 2" ... they said "keep them"

Sounds good. I don't know how fast you go through brake pads and rotors, perhaps consider selling one set on ebay?

OT As for your ride, when the Flex first came out I thought it was kinda goofy looking. As time has gone on, looks have definitely grown on me. Now, I think they're rather neat looking. IOW, I like it.

One thing I would have thought Amazon would catch is an over weight box. I ordered a circular saw blade. They put two in the box. Now they know how much each weighs and they weigh the box for shipping so I would have thought they would have caught the fact that the box was the wrong weight. A check like this would also catch employees sending extra things in an order to their friends. Of course the box may have been caught but the order picker clicked "override" assuming Amazon had the wrong weight for the saw blade in its database.

I ordered an amplifier once at roughly $300. I got a huge box on the expected delivery date. Open it to find they sent me 5...neatly packaged in the bulk quantity box. They told me to keep them...so I modded them and sold them. I originally had planned on only using one, but got to keep two of them in my system, and made a slight profit.

When I ordered my Fumoto valve from Amazon, I received the plastic bag it was supposed to come in. HOW does someone reach into a tray of these things which weigh a couple ounces, pull out an empty plastic bag, and place it in the box without thinking anything is wrong?
06.gif

I had something simmiliar happen with a gasket set I bought from jc Whitney for an international 345 V8. I ordered it but it was out of stock so they cancelled it. It showed up the next day.. long story short I kept getting gasket sets from them. Sent them back. More came.

I ended up with 5 complete fel pro gasket sets they told me to keep. I was everyone's buddy on the scout forum after that.

I had some sandals from "The ohio hempery". I wore them all the time and they broke within a month or two. So I called them up to return them and they credited my card. I actually returned them and they credited my card again. They were real nice and got it all straightened out for good with another phone call.

But I don't think they were that organized. Just sat around some factory all day making sandals, and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back