New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was is so awesome.. I never really liked any spray on wax. I always thought it was a waste of time... However at work we cant keep this stuff on the shelf. I mean people were coming in and buying all we had. I ever stopped at Wallymart and all of them there were gone.. So finally truck came and we got a few cases and I bought 1 bottle and OMG.. I was shocked how this stuff worked... Watch the video..
Do you self a favor and your car a favor and try this out.

Little pink sneakers
lol.gif

You Tube videos are a great source of information on new products. However with that said, many are getting harder and harder to sit through, because of their unnecessary length. Everyone today wants to cash in and be a big You Tube star. And most all of these videos end up 5 times longer than they need to be, because these people all love to hear themselves talk. This guy conducted a fairly good demonstration. But he contaminated it with way too much useless babble.

Show the product, and demonstrate how to use it quickly. Then show the results. That's all. This was yet another 13 minute video that could have shown the same thing in 4 minutes or less.

It's much the same lengthily nonsense coming from a lot of these You Tube firearm demonstrators like, "Nut-N-Fancy". This guy is fairly knowledgeable, and does reviews on a ton of different weapons that are very popular, and selling well. But you have to hunt for a video from him that's not a half hour long. This guy could make a 40 minute video on how to screw together a 3 piece cleaning rod. I just can't sit through that much useless babble.

It's OK to give your opinion, along with a BRIEF dissertation as to how you came to it and why. But a lot of these guys could make an hour long video on how to install a toilet seat. Then spend another half hour telling you how wonderful it is. In a lot of these cases, like this one, less is definitely more.

Originally Posted by billt460
You Tube videos are a great source of information on new products. However with that said, many are getting harder and harder to sit through, because of their unnecessary length. Everyone today wants to cash in and be a big You Tube star. And most all of these videos end up 5 times longer than they need to be, because these people all love to hear themselves talk. This guy conducted a fairly good demonstration. But he contaminated it with way too much useless babble.

Show the product, and demonstrate how to use it quickly. Then show the results. That's all. This was yet another 13 minute video that could have shown the same thing in 4 minutes or less.

It's much the same lengthily nonsense coming from a lot of these You Tube firearm demonstrators like, "Nut-N-Fancy". This guy is fairly knowledgeable, and does reviews on a ton of different weapons that are very popular, and selling well. But you have to hunt for a video from him that's not a half hour long. This guy could make a 40 minute video on how to screw together a 3 piece cleaning rod. I just can't sit through that much useless babble.

It's OK to give your opinion, along with a BRIEF dissertation as to how you came to it and why. But a lot of these guys could make an hour long video on how to install a toilet seat. Then spend another half hour telling you how wonderful it is. In a lot of these cases, like this one, less is definitely more.

thumbsup2.gif

I think they are suffering from Kilmer-itis lol.

I was looking at this stuff online and it appears to be sold out everywhere. Looks like Meguiars has developed an in demand product!

Last edited:
These new ceramic spray products are big hits. Mothers has one out as well and it's hard to keep on the shelves.

As for the video, nope I'm not going to watch eleven minutes of a Cal Worthington wannabe.

I tried it on various surfaces (car paint, washer paint, iPad glass, fiberglass tub, porcelain sink, I went nuts) but I was underwhelmed. But it is cheap enough and frankly I did not invest any effort in making sure car paint was scrubbed clean before applying. The glass, tub and sink were very clean. On the iPad glass I could see that the product left a cloudy layer.

NOT THE HOLEY GRAIL; may be I will try Mothers CMX and will get disappointed again?

Last edited:
Is it any different than ultimate fast finish?

I think Ultimate is just another silicone (armor all for paint) product.

Originally Posted by Cujet

Different chemistries and application.

I have a bottle of this new stuff, I simply plan on using it to replace Ultimate Quik Wax as my drying aid.

Originally Posted by JC1

I think they are suffering from Kilmer-itis lol.

I was looking at this stuff online and it appears to be sold out everywhere. Looks like Meguiars has developed an in demand product!

They have it at At your local Advacne Auto Parts.. If you call you might have to give them the part number b/c many customer services sales people are not sure what it is yet... However if you give them the part number they will type it in the computer and see how many they have ON HAND or see if they can have it sent to there store / store transfer...

I had to order 6 cases of this stuff from PDQ ** PARTS DELIVERED QUICKLY ** b/c we cant keep it on the shelf and our maxi ** NUMBER WE STOCK AT STORE ** is only 6 bottles and we go through that per day.

So if you call here is the name and part number and sku number

Meguiar's
This item: Meguiar's G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Wax, 26 and Part number Part # G190526
and if you get a person whom has no idea here is the SKU number also.070378013837
however the Part # should be enough.. Also I have noticed it the same price at Wallymart and Advance and even on Amazon..
So you can buy at Advance auto parts online and pick up in store and perhaps save few percent with the Honey APP or if you have a promo code...
Or perhaps buy 2 bottles and use a speed perk..

Originally Posted by Cujet

This stuff is much better IMO... A guy at work uses everything... Has tried Fast Finish / Chemical Guys / Lucas / Graots and he says this is better.. However make sure you read the directions fully or watch a you tube video.
Its really cool.. Its sorta like RAIN X but for your paint joib plus it gives a great shine and the water repels faster then you can put it on....

My paint job on my honda isn't even that good b/c I have 265K miles and this improved the shine and whole look of the car and you can really feel it when you run the back of your hand over the paint.

Originally Posted by Vikas
I tried it on various surfaces (car paint, washer paint, iPad glass, fiberglass tub, porcelain sink, I went nuts) but I was underwhelmed. But it is cheap enough and frankly I did not invest any effort in making sure car paint was scrubbed clean before applying. The glass, tub and sink were very clean. On the iPad glass I could see that the product left a cloudy layer.

NOT THE HOLEY GRAIL; may be I will try Mothers CMX and will get disappointed again?

LOL... I wonder if you shook the bottle good... ??? Make sure you shake the bottle very good and even as you spray....

Im not sure about I phone screens .. I just know my glass and my tires and rims and my paint bead water like never before.... and look much much better.

Originally Posted by PimTac
These new ceramic spray products are big hits. Mothers has one out as well and it's hard to keep on the shelves.

As for the video, nope I'm not going to watch eleven minutes of a Cal Worthington wannabe.

There is other videos also.. Or you can just read the directions.... There is always that option... They are clearly printed on the back of the bottle.. I will give you one hint... SHAKE WELL b4 Use...

I still have yet to see anyone say these new waxes/sealants last 6 months or a year. That's what I'm looking for. They may be easy to use and can be applied in as little as 5 or 10 minutes, But how long do they last? I get a solid 6 months from Collinite 845. If/when these new sealants go longer than that, I will start using them...

Originally Posted by grampi
I still have yet to see anyone say these new waxes/sealants last 6 months or a year. That's what I'm looking for. They may be easy to use and can be applied in as little as 5 or 10 minutes, But how long do they last? I get a solid 6 months from Collinite 845. If/when these new sealants go longer than that, I will start using them...

The point is, these take only a few minutes to apply. That is the big positive.

There are a lot of products that only take minutes to apply. The problem is, they don't last...these new spray-on sealants are supposed to be the answer for that, but I've yet to see anything that shows they actually last...

Longevity of wax'es are highly dependent on your surface. If you have never clayed your car and it sounds like sand paper doesn't matter what wax you apply it will not last long.

There are a lot of products that only take minutes to apply. The problem is, they don't last...these new spray-on sealants are supposed to be the answer for that, but I've yet to see anything that shows they actually last...

The Autogeek and Autopia forums are good places to research. On a personal view I have been using the Sonax Spray and Seal product. I use it during the drying process. In good weather it lasted between 4-6 months. Winter time cut that durability to around 3 months. I applied it last in late November and I am noticing now that dirt is accumulating on the rear and quarter panels.

Considering that it only takes an additional 3-4 minutes to spray on versus the time to apply and buff out wax I think the durability is pretty good. In harsh winter areas it might be best to go with a wax or sealant coat in the fall before the bad weather hits.

The best advantage of a good SiO2 sealant is the sheeting action which is preferable to beading.

The Autogeek and Autopia forums are good places to research. On a personal view I have been using the Sonax Spray and Seal product. I use it during the drying process. In good weather it lasted between 4-6 months. Winter time cut that durability to around 3 months. I applied it last in late November and I am noticing now that dirt is accumulating on the rear and quarter panels.

Considering that it only takes an additional 3-4 minutes to spray on versus the time to apply and buff out wax I think the durability is pretty good. In harsh winter areas it might be best to go with a wax or sealant coat in the fall before the bad weather hits.

The best advantage of a good SiO2 sealant is the sheeting action which is preferable to beading.

How do you tell which products are SiO2, and which are just quick detailers?

I just go by what I read. Those places I mentioned give a lot of good information as to the ingredients of the products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back