13 Mazda3, Headlights Pulsate During Braking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, sounds like you either have a bad ground or it's your alternator or you have another light out somewhere and this is its signal to the owner to checkout the vehicle. I'd checkout the other lights first. There may be other factors as well.

Last edited:
My friend had the same problem on his Mazda 3. It's a problem with the programming. He took it in to the dealership and they updated the software and the problem went away.

Our 2012 (RIP) did it from time to time but it never bothered me enough to take it in to have the dealer look at it. Usually only did it after a cold start.

Originally Posted by ssamaroo01
My friend had the same problem on his Mazda 3. It's a problem with the programming. He took it in to the dealership and they updated the software and the problem went away.

Further research confirms this. Mazda TSB 13-21 is to reflash the BCM and it should stop. Even though our car is out of warranty, most dealers are covering this under the emissions control warranty which is 80k miles by law.

We have an appointment with the local dealer to have this looked at.

Originally Posted by Brigadier
Originally Posted by ssamaroo01

Further research confirms this. Mazda TSB 13-21 is to reflash the BCM and it should stop. Even though our car is out of warranty, most dealers are covering this under the emissions control warranty which is 80k miles by law.

We have an appointment with the local dealer to have this looked at.

Software update fixes this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back