2009 saturn vue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thing is almost flawless less than 1000 kilometres per year kept in heated garage.

Originally Posted by eljefino
So you want to buy it? Do it.

seriously thinking about it.

My son has a 2008 XE AWD with the V-6. Decent vehicle. Average reliability. A little high on the price since you will probably have to replace components affected by age (tires, battery, seals, struts, etc).

8100km and it was kept in a heated garage? That's a brand new car, I'd buy it first thing in the morning before someone else does.

Conventional auto this year. This was rebadged a Captiva when Saturn went away.

Originally Posted by Spartanfool
My son has a 2008 XE AWD with the V-6. Decent vehicle. Average reliability. A little high on the price since you will probably have to replace components affected by age (tires, battery, seals, struts, etc).

Battery shot..
fresh oil change down by owner.
tires factory no cracks no dry rot nothing..
just drove it 100 kilometers suspension perfect, parked it in my garage for the night put some white drip pads underneath to see for any leakage ,bone dry while i was under the car.
was parked in heated garage everything seems to have aged very well.

Originally Posted by DriveHard
if CVT, pass. Otherwise, I had the Honda powered Vue for several years and loved it.

four speed automatic.

Originally Posted by dishdude
8100km and it was kept in a heated garage? That's a brand new car, I'd buy it first thing in the morning before someone else does.

i bought it ! could not pass it up.. when i open the doors i swear it still has a new car smell

Originally Posted by hemitom
Originally Posted by dishdude

i bought it ! could not pass it up.. when i open the doors i swear it still has a new car smell

Lets see some pics!

I just test drove a 2008 with 150k going for $2500 2 days ago. Body was good. resists rust. Seate were nice. But wow did that thing have issues. Front end crunch. Bad. Exhaust leak under the hood close to engine. Heater core leak in the cabin fumed me out. I was still tempted to buy it. But more research about numerous transmission complaints I gave up. Its also discontinued so parts could be an issue in a few years

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I just test drove a 2008 with 150k going for $2500 2 days ago. Body was good. resists rust. Seate were nice. But wow did that thing have issues. Front end crunch. Bad. Exhaust leak under the hood close to engine. Heater core leak in the cabin fumed me out. I was still tempted to buy it. But more research about numerous transmission complaints I gave up. Its also discontinued so parts could be an issue in a few years

Sounds like that was a clapped out, poorly maintained example.

Make sure you're not considering the early CVT when referring to the 08 and up VUE. Those POS transmissions were phased out by 05.

Built as the Chevy Captiva Sport for several years in Mexico for the Mexican and So American Market and as fleet only for the US after Saturn folded.

Plenty of parts and service via Chevrolet or easily found Saturn Authorized Service providers. I've been running an 05 ION since new and have zero problems with parts and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back