Article about using non-Porsche coolant being okay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally thought that as long as you stayed within OAT for an OAT and HOAT for a HOAT you'd be ok.

Hi Roofless, I thought the G12 was the Porsche fluid? How did you arrive at G13?

I use the OEM, figuring that for something I am doing infrequently, the incremental cost isn't excessive, but open to educated opinions.

The original pink Porsche coolant was G12. Then there was G12+, G12++, and now G13. They're all compatible, with G13 being the most recent and what you'll find in a new Porsche/VW/Audi.

I got a ton of it on clearance last year from AutoZone, and I still have enough for one more fill - just in case.

If I hadn't found such a good deal and stockpiled the stuff, I would have just bought Zerex G40 or Dex-Cool.

i have a timing belt to do soon on my 01 TT, interesting info. i have some G-12 leftover from my 01 jetta belt job, both 1.8T

OAT is OAT.

M&M act would require Porsche to provide their branded coolant for free if it were the 'only' kind allowed. Of course if it's reasonably priced then it's much easier to just recommend Porsche coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back