Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Race!
laugh.gif

I know the fans love crashes, therefore NASCAR management loves crashes, but with the significant improvements in car design safety features do you think the drivers are now less afraid to have crashes?

Toyota had a LOT of money invested in this one!!! No surprise the JGR cars were 1-2-3!

Overall a decent race though, plenty of action I thought. Kind of ticked me off to see Jimmie Johnson get taken out like that, he had a winning car today!

If you complained about that race being boring, you need to find a new hobby!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Toyota had a LOT of money invested in this one!!! No surprise the JGR cars were 1-2-3!

Overall a decent race though, plenty of action I thought. Kind of ticked me off to see Jimmie Johnson get taken out like that, he had a winning car today!

If you complained about that race being boring, you need to find a new hobby!
. Take all the late race crashing away, yeah it was typical nose to tail restrictor plate racing. Mid 80's it took a speed of around 212 mph to win the poll and there was actual lead changes during the race. If a pass is made under green nowadays it's always with another car or three pushing and DW goes crazy screaming about how exciting NASCAR is at 195 MPH. I imagine during the "crank it up" segments he has to excuse himself to go change his Depends! And NASCAR can't figure out why it's losing fans. Geez!

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I know the fans love crashes, therefore NASCAR management loves crashes, but with the significant improvements in car design safety features do you think the drivers are now less afraid to have crashes?

That's been something that's troubled fans of all kinds of racing for years.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Kyle Larson has crashed 3 times in this race.

And still managed to place 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back