Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
I have watched a few videos and done a lot of reading on Keto because it's the diet I'm following and have been for the past year and without hi-jacking this thread into a Keto thread because I already have one on here I will tell you that this seems to be correct and I don't think modern Medical science has reached quite that point yet but it seems that they are starting to look more in that direction as 30 years ago when my grandparents had diabetes it was "here take this medication and go about your normal life" and now it seems to be "take this medication and try to keep to a lower carbohydrate diet to help manage blood sugar in conjunction with the medication" as I was told when I became Type-2.

Thanks. Yes not trying to take this in a direction of keyo, I just see that it's all related somehow.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by CourierDriver
www.pcrm.org good data on your health

Again...an agenda driven site that promotes only one answer for everything...migraines, erectile dysfunction, the lot....

If they were at least honest on the front page, maybe different...quick edit, though on your post.

This day and age you have to research these organizations to find out who their backers are and their true intentions. PCRM has a vegan agenda because it's backed by PETA. As always, due diligence.

First you have to cut out snacks, COMPLETELY from what you eat.

Next, two meals a day -

1 Shredded Wheat for breakfast, and simple dinner. No fluids during the day except water.

After that, be at the right BMI weight for your size.

After those steps chances are 50% or more people would be in a normal blood sugar range. (my prediction)

Last edited:
Many many different healthy diets in th world that's a fact. None of which need a grocery store that contains dedicated aisles for.

Chips seriously how many do they make
Candy of every sort imaginable
Cereals of most 99% just full of sugar
Soda Soda Soda you got to be kidding me
Processed boxed foods containing who knows what
Frozen food dinners [censored] in them I have no clue
I'm probably missing a bunch but when shopping I see most carts jam packed with this garbage. I promise green leafy vegetables fruit eggs meats healthy fats grains and few others are Not! The problem.
Over and over a healthy diet and what most people don't do is exercise of some sort 5to7 days a week this is and what I believe is a long term plan and one that works over and over.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
First you have to cut out snacks, COMPLETELY from what you eat.

Next, two meals a day -

1 Shredded Wheat for breakfast, and simple dinner. No fluids during the day except water.

After that, be at the right BMI weight for your size.

After those steps chances are 50% or more people would be in a normal blood sugar range. (my prediction)

This seems to go completely in reverse of the angle that more smaller meals are better for keeping a more constant level of energy, blood sugar, and brain satisfaction.

Fluids during the day makes it easy to take sugars, no thanks unless coffee with milk or tea, IMO. I have to wonder how many people have diabetic issues due to their sugary drink intake. I've known more than a few who drink a 2L/day if not more.

Keto diet and intermittent fasting can reverse your symptoms.

Eat all the clean salmon and olive oil you want.
If you want a snack roasted flax seeds or a protein drink with some stevia

Those stating many smaller meals are thinking of hypoglycemia not diabetes

And even with hypoglycemia if you don't lower carb content and slowly work your way into intermittent fasting your insulin resistance will increase and eventually turn into diabetes anyway.

If you have out of control diabetes you need to monitor your blood sugar more often as you work your way into the new diet, no pain no gain

Last edited:
I eat a ton of salmon and mostly all salad I have eaten both on Keto and before that is Olive Oil and vinegar.
21.gif

Originally Posted by dave123
I'd Love to hear how they source B12 on a strick plant based diet without the use of supplements.

Oct 10, 2018 - The recommended daily intake (RDI) for vitamin B12 for people over 14 is 2.4 mcg (1). However, you may want to take more or less, depending on your age, lifestyle and specific situation.

I take it sublingually, one small spray a few times a week, my blood work always shows good on B12, 2.4 mcg is really very small.....many folks think they need a huge amount, many bottles in a store read 2500 mg,,,way-way more then what one needs....if you are not eating meat, one must take it weekly...of course many of us Overdose on vitamins too...

I'd Love to hear how they source B12 on a strick plant based diet without the use of supplements.

Oct 10, 2018 - The recommended daily intake (RDI) for vitamin B12 for people over 14 is 2.4 mcg (1). However, you may want to take more or less, depending on your age, lifestyle and specific situation.

I take it sublingually, one small spray a few times a week, my blood work always shows good on B12, 2.4 mcg is really very small.....many folks think they need a huge amount, many bottles in a store read 2500 mg,,,way-way more then what one needs....if you are not eating meat, one must take it weekly...of course many of us Overdose on vitamins too...

I asked how you get it without supplements on this great end all be all great plant based diet. You need fats proven true over and over for proper diet. Hint YOU EAT THEM!!!

Many many different healthy diets in th world that's a fact. None of which need a grocery store that contains dedicated aisles for.

I'm probably missing a bunch but when shopping I see most carts jam packed with this garbage. I promise green leafy vegetables fruit eggs meats healthy fats grains and few others are Not! The problem.
Over and over a healthy diet and what most people don't do is exercise of some sort 5to7 days a week this is and what I believe is a long term plan and one that works over and over.

Navigating a grocery store is a minefield,,full of chemical foods,,,read the ingredients is a must there.

I am pre-diabetic Type 2,
overweight, bad eating habits, bad sleeping habits

Sugar - I stopped all juice/food/bread anything with sugar or high fructose corn syrup

Then I had to cut out most breads as it included High fructose Corn Syrup.

I read labels and I am angry to say the least that nearly all foods have High Fructose Corn Syrup. I bet you when I die the embalmer will probably inject me with HFCS.

1. Yes, more plant based, I say eat what the birds eat - fruits and nuts.
2. Cardio - raise heart beat 2 or 3 x a week.
3. Sleep - 6 hour plus every night.

I am down 32 lbs, I have 30 more to go.

Navigating a grocery store is a minefield,,full of chemical foods,,,read the ingredients is a must there.

No need to read ingredients I don't eat them for breakfast lunch or dinner
Dinner tonight
Romaine lettuce
Brown rice
Avocado
3 eggs over easy.

People make eating difficult it's not fresh meats vegetables fruit grains and others have no list. Eat your macros for targeted weight and activity is healthy living.

Typically folks that have Diabetes will also have a cholesterol problem and this video does a great job explaining why it's related to sugar and not the dietary fats you consume.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by fraso
I'm Type 2 diabetic too and here's what I've learned about controlling it. Weight Loss

SPAM.

Not spam. There is a lot of misinformation about weight loss and diabetes and that page is what I learned so far.

Diabetes is a modern affliction. If one returned to the way we ate 100 years ago it would be a non issue from a societal standpoint. Drink water, eat fruits, vegetables, meats in moderation. Skip processed, sugar infused fake foods and supplement with regular exercise and live life happy. Real food tastes so much better than fake and keeps you satisfied longer. I am to the point in my eating that if I eat a 1/2 doughnut, I can feel it hit my blood stream like a shot of Adrenalin. It feels very unnatural and then the crash feels gross. If I have an indulgence I am choosy... a single scoop of ice cream, a slice of pie, if its high in quality....but it is not often and really I have no cravings for that kind of stuff.

My dad drank soda, ate chips and sweets regularly for decades but just recently been diagnosed with diabetes, no idea what type, doesn't really matter, he resigned himself to simply take a diabetes pill or whatever for the rest of his life and kept on eating the same way. Two years ago in the fall he had a chance to work in the fields harvesting alfalfa and my mom made him healthy lunches accompanied with lots of water. For an entire week, he suffered no sugar crashes, he took no diabetes pill, lost weight and had tons of energy. The following week, he was back to his same old eating patterns and the subsequent 'treatment'. Now he jokes when considering whether to have 1 dessert or 2 about how he'll need to double up on his pills after it.

When I asked him why not just live like you did that week when you were doing so well. His answer was that no one gets out of this life alive and I want to enjoy it while I can.

...translation: zero will power.

Having the will to eat right, regular exercise is the best cure for diabetes...its not that complicated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back