Looking at 2009 TSX with Tech Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a 1st Gen TSX and now going to look at 2009 AT TSX with Tech Package and nearly 130K miles.

Car does have service records, clean Carfax and full maintenance history.

Understand about the oil burning issue, was it common on manuals or AT too? Is there a way that can be figured out? Of course, I'll check oil level and all.

Appreciate if there are any must checks I perform? I plan to check all fluids, including color of transmission fluid.

Thanks all

Since your a true Honda/Acura aficionado, you should really seek out a TSX Wagon.
The only problem is that North America hates wagons so good luck finding one near you.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Since your a true Honda/Acura aficionado, you should really seek out a TSX Wagon.
The only problem is that North America hates wagons so good luck finding one near you.

That's very true. I really want to get something different, but for some reason I have a feeling I might end up with a Honda/Acura.

Although, I have been browsing everything, from German to Japanese
laugh.gif

How much different is a TSX from an Accord? I've never driven one. What oil and filter do you use?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
How much different is a TSX from an Accord? I've never driven one. What oil and filter do you use?

1st Gen is Euro accord, that uses 5w30, 2nd gen uses 5w20 and same filter for both. I use A02, although A01 is superior but I have A02 in bulk.

I have a 2006 TSX. Best car I ever owned in the past 40 years. I'm working on getting 300K out of it with nothing but alternators/batteries,brakepads. I completely regret not buying that wagon version when it was out.

I wonder why the TSX went from 5W30 spec to 0W20? Heck I run 10W30 in my Accord.

Our beloved 2006 TSX specs 5w30. Other Honda variants of the K24 used 5w20...
A few years ago I switched to 5w20, on the advice of the local dealer where we bought the car back in '06.
Last oil service I mistakenly grabbed the Idemitsu 0w20 and dumped it in.
She loves the stuff!

The TSX, ILX, and 12-15 Civic Si have a 200-hp version of the K24 that requires premium fuel and 5w30

The Accord and others with the 160-hp version use regular and 0/5w20

Originally Posted by skyactiv

01.gif

TSX wagon prices are still fairly high!

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
The 1st gen TSX... Great car with the mighty K24!

I approve this message
laugh.gif

My Accord has the 190hp version of the K24. I wonder what they did to the TSX engine to get 10 more hp?

My wife drives a 2010 TSX v4 with technology package and 73K miles on it. Other than doing oil changes its been trouble free. Uses same filter as my Ridgeline V6!

My Accord has the 190hp version of the K24. I wonder what they did to the TSX engine to get 10 more hp?

Rounding perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back