60 Years of Toyota Transmission Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
That museum in Nagoya should feature fountains springing forth with genuine Toyota transmission fluid.

Nice video!

Originally Posted by macarose
That museum in Nagoya should feature fountains springing forth with genuine Toyota transmission fluid.

Nice video!

To WS Standard.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
This guy is the auto tranny and fluid guru.

Yeah I love this channel... Some of the videos put you to sleep though...
lol.gif

ONN: I disagree with him cutting up multi-vehicle formulas. It is possible to cover multiple specifications with one fluid if the additive package can perform all the same functions as the requirements. I've used Amsoil Multi-Vehicle formula for too long in too many applications for this not to be true.

I'm not touting Amsoil but my use of it in various OE's from Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, Ford and GM in the family for many miles proves it can be done at least in their case. I don't know about the shelf universal fluids but there is enough of a following here using Valvolines ATF for that not to be the case either.

That guy's videos are super informative.

I can appreciate the stance on Maxlife, however, laughing it off and labeling it as a magic fluid seems to miss the conclusion i would draw.

If it is suitable for so many applications "there is no magic" in the mfg branded fluid.

I have yet to pour a mfg specified fluid in any of my vehicles.

He has several on the HSD, I'd be curious if he believes WS is the best for that application.

Last edited:
His information is fail-safe but it's flawed at the same time. Castrol, Valvoline, XOM aren't going to risk their brand names without at least testing it themselves. That's just silly.

I would trust MaxLife in most Toyota trannies, as well as Nissan and Hyundai - those cars dominate a majority of rental car fleets. And I think Afton/Lubrizol/Infineium as well as Shell/XOM/Chevron/BP rent off-the-lot rental cars for testing instead of buying cars from a dealership and dumping them as used cars later on.

I had seen that thread originally and was going to post Part 5 in it but couldn't remember the name of the thread. Also it only popped up in my suggested videos today.

Originally Posted by macarose

Nice video!

Like a chocolate or champagne fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back