Wipe any PC in 2 minutes - Linus Tech Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteveC ... YouTube link master.
grin2.gif

If someone is wiping a HD they don't want any data to be read off of it by anyone. My solution is to smash the HD into a million pieces with a hammer.
laugh.gif

That's how they handle such situations in a classified data computing area. New HDs are cheap.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
grin2.gif

If someone is wiping a HD they don't want any data to be read off of it by anyone. My solution is to smash the HD into a million pieces with a hammer.
laugh.gif

That's how they handle such situations in a classified data computing area. New HDs are cheap.

Agreed. If the drive is still able to be written to I will usually let it write 0's and 1's for a couple of days off in the corner and then take the drive out and smash it to pieces. But if someone isn't capable of doing that mangling the drive is quite effective, and fun in most cases.
lol.gif

For those giving a PC away or selling it this is when the data wipe apps would come into play.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
grin2.gif

laugh.gif

That is what Hillery's people did & it seems to have worked for them .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister

That is what Hillery's people did & it seems to have worked for them .

What Podesta didn't do is put 2FA on his Gmail account and then he fell for some phishing. Oops.

crackmeup2.gif
I guess to take them up to my dad's in the country and hit 'em with my 12 gauge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
[Linked Image]

Buck shot:
[Linked Image]

Not shown: .308 taking out the spindle. It was incredible.

I had a few look like that when I was done. 6.5x284, and 30.06 from an M1 Garand. LOL

lol.gif

Top one was a 12 gauge slug.

They work well on bowling balls too!

Now that's an idea!

Bowling pins are interesting too. A few years back I was able to get my hands on a few and take them to the range and shoot them.

Does Linux know about Knoppix? Knoppix CDs, DVDs, and USB sticks have been doing the same thing, and much more, for 18 years. Yes, a rifle, shotgun, and/or hammer are the quickest way, particularly if you don't need to reuse the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back