2019 RAM 1500 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So as many have noticed, we got rid of the EcoDiesel the other day. It was a hard decision and because it was so early after purchase we did manage to lose 4K on it. Basically cost us $650/month for the six months or so we had it, if looked at like a lease. Lesson learned. It was amazing during the warmer months but when winter hit, despite plugging it in and running the winter front to block off airflow, it took forever to warm up and this triggered frequent regens, sometimes several a week. This drove my wife nuts because while it would get the odd long run, like it did in the summer, which seemed to stave off regens, that didn't seem to be the case during the winter and she'd get the notification as she was pulling into work, forcing her to shut it off despite it needing to run, which she didn't feel was good for it (which of course it wasn't).

We ended up trading it on a 2019 1500 Sport, same colour scheme, but better optioned. Has the 395HP 5.7L HEMI backed by the 8spd.

The '19's are of course all new, how that plays out, I guess we'll find out. Initial observations are:
- it is significantly quieter inside, they obviously used more sound deadening
- It feels and rides heavier than the '18's and '19 "Classic"
- It uses 6-lug wheels, so we could not just swap our snows over, they should be on new rims this week and installed
- The inside is cavernous. While the '18 was spacious, this is even moreso
- They have gone with higher quality materials throughout and it makes it feel that much nicer: Aluminum shift knob, aluminum HVAC control knobs. More substantial feeling door handles. Even the doors feel heavier and more solid.
- Backup cam is significantly higher resolution

Options-wise, besides running boards, there wasn't much this was missing (running boards are going to be installed), as my dealer tends to order them pretty well equipped. This one has:
- Panoramic moonroof (we didn't actually want this, but it was there, so)
- 3.92 rear gears
- Limited slip differential
- Spray-in bedliner
- Alpine sound system w/sub. Has speakers on the rear headliner, which is interesting
- UConnect 8.4 w/NAV. They've had some teething issues with the new 12.1" system, so we opted for the more mature one
- Front, rear and side parksense
- Automatic braking
- Blind spot monitoring w/rear cross-path
- Trailer tow package with trailer brake controller
- Heated seats and wheel
- Trailer tow mirrors
- Auto dimming mirrors
- 22x9 black/aluminum sport wheels
- Power adjustable pedals
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Black chrome exhaust tips

It also has LED headlights w/active turn/curb illumination, but that's standard I believe.

And a few pics in all its salt-covered goodness:

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Nice! It's got to have some crazy take-off power with those 3.92 gears as opposed to most of them with the 3.21s.

Too bad about the diesel. They've made them so cumbersome to own and operate, I see no point unless you need it for hauling.

Originally Posted by JTK
Nice! It's got to have some crazy take-off power with those 3.92 gears as opposed to most of them with the 3.21s.

Too bad about the diesel. They've made them so cumbersome to own and operate, I see no point unless you need it for hauling.

Yeah, it scoots pretty good out of the hole, the limited-slip helps as well too. Highway RPM is ~2,000 at 120Km/h; 75Mph, which is similar to the Jeep.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Very nice truck! Are you going to get rubber mats for it? Like the Weathertech ones.

Yes, will be picking those up this week when we get the snows put on it.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
What do you plan on towing with it?

Our Supra ski boat and of course the 4-wheelers.

I really like the look of the 19' Rams.

Is it too late in the winter to get it under-coated?

Originally Posted by Joe_Power
Any time you buy a Dodge...………….YOU LOSE.

And yet, you have a Wrangler?

Congratulations on the new truck! I'm still torn whether or not I like the front design, the interior looks amazing though

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Joe_Power
Any time you buy a Dodge...………….YOU LOSE.

And yet, you have a Wrangler?

Congratulations on the new truck! I'm still torn whether or not I like the front design, the interior looks amazing though

Yeah, let the haters hate. I've had good service from every Mopar I've owned. I service everything very well, though.

Ram has figured out that the interior can be as much a selling point as everything else on the truck. And reasoning is that if they put this much care into the interior then perhaps they put lots of care into the rest of the truck. I've never had any luck with the few Chrysler's I've owned but i know plenty of people that have. I really like the look of the new Ram but, alas, I'm addicted to turbocharged torque so you know what I look at. Nevertheless, good choice! and keep us updated on how she does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back