Do your vehicles have a nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ruitt
Caravan is Buckbeak. Comes from the Harry Potter books, a proud magical creature, and if you insult it it defends its honor. So, it's a proud minivan - don't insult it! The kids think it's funny, at least.

Our previous cars have been nicknamed by their unsolvable or cost prohibitive mechanical problems (Knocky and Stally)

OK, that's good :)

Jeep is "Slutty Britches" because she has a big 'ol fat bottom that likes to wiggle around with the summer rubber on.

My wife has called the truck "Darth", which is somewhat predictable
lol.gif

Some vehicles suggest a name and some are simply transportation, I had a 74 Monte Carlo named Lucifer since it seemed to get me in trouble. It had a worked on 454, turned 1950 RPM at 60, I have seen almost 4900 (in 78 was pretty decent) it had more but my foot was shaking so bad (even with the other one on it ) I simply could not keep it open any longer.

I have a 91 Dakota that looks like [censored] but simply will not stop running. I usually call it Mongo.

My 92 BMW RS was Broomhilda. The 2009 R1200-GS is Mule.

Rod

As the signature goes:
The heep - heap of parts that I decided to be necessary
beater - is what it is.
Masha - this is my babe, short for Maria, Russian pronunciation.
the cow - handles like one, stops and accelerates like one, smells as bad as one. Cows are kept for practicality not grace and beauty. Just like this bike.
the toad, Prius - it just looks like one, I call it zhaba, which is in Russian. Prius at times 'cause it's a hybrid, and of similar performance.

My imagination went wild when I decided what to call mine. I just call it The Pilot and my MGB The B.

GSW: Blanca
Mazda5: Mazda
Yaris: Le Bluey
Elantra: Cherry
Accent: Smallie
Mystique: Squirrel
Concorde: Brick (as in Brick/Schooner/LandBarge)

I come across nicks when wrenching on them because every car has a "personality" when it comes to R&R'ing parts.

Tundra: Tundranator
Silverado: Da Chev
F250 work truck: POS250
Aunt's 04 BMW 325i: Bimmer
10 Honda Civic that I dericed: Hondaz

Last edited:
My 1962 Studebaker Hawk is known as the black car or funeral car as it is all black and has gone to many funerals over the time I've owned it. My 1963 Studebaker Avanti is known as the white car because it is painted solid white and my 2010 Silverado is just known as the truck. Those names are used when everything is running well or there could be some other names used that I can't repeat here.

Gender neutral; like Jean Gene Bobbi Bobby Terry Terri.

Xcaliber. Chicago. Inanimate family members provide very important tasks for loved ones. The dog's job is to bark when someone/thing is out of place. The car's job is to transport us where we need to be. Like the dog, cars require a certain amount of TLC.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. BITOG understands. Love you guys (within Biblical and Professional boundaries).

Our 3500 is called Big Blue or the Big Blue Bi@#C. The K1500 rez rocket is called Stephy as the kids named it after our friend we got it from. The Trailblazer is just called Trailblazer, mostly out of spite. Classic GM incessant dinging if you don't put your seatbelt on in time and every other thing. When Big Blue dings, the door bell goes off or even the microwave makes a sound we graciously thank the Trailblazer.

I've only named two vehicles over the years:

1977 Alfa Romeo Alfetta sedan, "Puddles". It leaked every, and I mean every, fluid over the first two weeks I owned it.

1980 Ducati 900SS, "Grace". She had the body and attitude of Grace Jones, sang with Grace Slick's voice, and defined the word on a twisty road.

Ed

Explorer: Eddie
Pajero: Suki
Grand Marquis: Lucifer
Expedition: Trooper
Envoy: Gabriel
XJ: Harry
SRX: Antoine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back