A coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
soo this is very odd, 2 days ago i took the battery out of the car (7th gen year 2000 toyota celica) to put a 2nd power cable through to the back of the car. not the first time iv done this since few months ago i put in a power cable for the amplifier through the same rubber bung.
this time when i put the battery back in the abs light was on as soon as the car was started. i did the obd2 pin jumper trick and got a abs code 32 which says front left sensor.

seeing how i used the car in the morning to go to the shops and back and no abs light was on until i put the power cable through i took the battery out again and inspected the area where i put my cable though (in the pic attached the blue one is the new one i put in 10awg size, the black cable covered in protective sleeve on the left i put in a few months ago 8awg) nothing seems to be a miss and damaged.

is this just a coincidence that removing the battery reset something and the sensor was already broken? i just cant believe the sensor has died but again i cant see any way my wiring could cause this problem?

just to add i did try resetting the code pressing the pedal 8 times but the light doesnt go out. not sure if that means its lost complete signal to the sensor.

wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

Last edited:
tested the abs sensor and i got a reading of 1578 ohms. which seems to be in spec.
so looks like it may be a damaged wire going to the abs computer. will have to dig further.

20190215_123447.jpg

Yes i used a wire coat hanger with the cable taped to it. I will find out more when i test the wire on the abs ecu side.
Will see if i can get an external wire from abs sensor direct to abs ecu to see if it makes a difference

confirmed today the yellow or the brown wire is damaged since multimeter shows no connection between them. using a bit of wire to short those two wires together has the abs light turn off.
so need to wire directly from the abs sensor plug on the wheel to the abs ecu and find out which wire is broken.
better method would be to see if the blower motor assembly can be removed to get access to the rest of the wiring loom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back