I seen it all now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop by Walmart other day . Grap a 10w30 super tech , check out and walk out .Yesterday after drain the oil . About to fill up the oil filter . I pop the cap on oil jug . It kinda loose . I noted the seal was broken , I though it happen on cheap oil . I was shock to look inside . OLD OIL THAT BEEN MIX WITH COOLANT !! how can peoples do this for over just $12 dollar ? I seen old oil filter in a new box . But never seen peoples do this to oil , this just sad . I guess I will check the oil before i buy . Just like I did to the oil filter . Never though this happen to oil . These peoples change the oil and put old oil back and burn some gas And time to Walmart and return over $12 chump change .

Anyway Walmart let me exchange it . I told the lady to put a notes on the jug so it not going back on the shelf.

2E87D3DE-9B54-485F-8378-7EF7A304CAC9.jpeg

8AE1C501-19E6-40FF-8AB3-391CB51109FC.jpeg

Last edited:
That's disgusting!

This certainly wasn't a safety issue, but we went to buy a little bubble making toy lawnmower for my daughter when she was tiny (college now) and they only had one at Toys R Us...the box looked a little wonky but we took a chance and grabbed it, anyway.
Got it home and it looked like the thing had been used hard for at least a couple of years...dirty, scratched, stuff broken off, etc. The look on my daughter's face when she saw it just broke my heart....ran it back to TRU and told them somebody had obviously returned it after using it for a LONG time. The took it back with no hassles but obviously didn't care in the slightest and I'm sure they put it right back on the shelf. We should have opened it before putting it in the car in the first place, but our daughter always got so excited about opening toy packages at home and then playing with them right away (kind of like Xmas morning).
I think we stopped at Walmart and got her an actually new one on the way home.

I change my oil for 15 years . Bought all kind of brand oil . Never seen or happen like this . Again who do this for just $12 . The manager at Walmart know me for 10+ years . He a cars guy also . As soon i send him a text . He show up at the return counter And told the lady swap it out for me . Cause he know I wouldn't do thing like these . He say check the oil before you buy .

Originally Posted by PimTac
Anything you buy anywhere, check the seals.

The 5qt PYB that I got at Autozone had no seal

Had that happen to me about 10-12 years ago with a jug of M1, took it back and exchanged it with no problem. Since then I always check.

I bought something there - a Motorola cable modem. But when I opened it it said Comcast on it. Same model number but a Comcast specific one. It actually worked out of the box without authentication. Wasn't sure what to do and WM wasn't going to take it back.

But in the end we ended our service and returned the box. Comcast said it was registered as their property and I found from my wife that we were still being charged rental. They wanted it back. So essentially someone took one and replaced it with a rental box.

Recycling at Wally World?

All kidding aside, a less knowledgeable person might have dumped it into their engine.
It's at least possible this has happened.

Originally Posted by Warstud

I don't buy anything without a seal. If Shell doesn't want to put seals on their bottles then they don't get my business.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
That's disgusting!

This certainly wasn't a safety issue, but we went to buy a little bubble making toy lawnmower for my daughter when she was tiny (college now) and they only had one at Toys R Us...the box looked a little wonky but we took a chance and grabbed it, anyway.
Got it home and it looked like the thing had been used hard for at least a couple of years...dirty, scratched, stuff broken off, etc. The look on my daughter's face when she saw it just broke my heart....ran it back to TRU and told them somebody had obviously returned it after using it for a LONG time. The took it back with no hassles but obviously didn't care in the slightest and I'm sure they put it right back on the shelf. We should have opened it before putting it in the car in the first place, but our daughter always got so excited about opening toy packages at home and then playing with them right away (kind of like Xmas morning).
I think we stopped at Walmart and got her an actually new one on the way home.

You want to hear disgusting? My wife worked at Walmart for several years. In the apparel dept it happened a number of times where used underwear was found mixed with the new. Some people are so desperate and have no conscience so they do little things like that.

It is unfortunate, but the world is full of scumbags.

Originally Posted by Warstud

I don't buy anything without a seal. If Shell doesn't want to put seals on their bottles then they don't get my business.

Is this true of all Sopus products? Don't use their oil so I wouldn't know but why would they not use foil seals. Another reason why I won't buy Pzoil or QS.

My Walmart carefully inspects any oil jug cap seal I have exchanged. I picked up a HM oil instead of reg oil by mistake and was impressed with the women who carefully inspected the oil cap seal to make sure it had not been broken. This should become a CORPORATE POLICY to root out the bottom feeders. Ed

I recently changed my mind about using a new (to me) brand of oil and took it back to Wally. Lady at return promptly took cap off to see if seal was intact. I complimented her for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back