Identify this garage door seal chewing rodent

Status
Not open for further replies.
This rodent is the one I caught in a large snap trap near where the bottom seal of garage door has been chewed. Trap had peanut butter. Cannot really see eyes.

Sure looks like a mole. But what is a mole doing trying to come into garage? It's below freezing in upstate NY

IMG_20190217_083608.jpg

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Garage door seals have been under assault on BITOG these past few weeks. Must be the polar vortex!

One company sells a "rodent resistant" garage door bottom seal. Do not know if it works. May try it.

You Sir are having a heck of a time with the rodents based on the amount of related threads lately.

Feeding birds by chance? Garbage totes kept in garage? I live in the middle of the woods and are used to taking some precaution.

We do feed birds (seed) but the feeder is not very near to the garage entrance.

The bird seed and dog food in the garage is in a covered metal can.

The rodent issues continue. Looks like a mole.

I had a Donald moment myself today.. Saw something odd on the pond at our newly purchased house.. A frozen mound of shredded cattails surrounding a thawed hole in the ice.

Muskrats..

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Garage door seals have been under assault on BITOG these past few weeks. Must be the polar vortex!

One company sells a "rodent resistant" garage door bottom seal. Do not know if it works. May try it.

you must have missed my comment on your other post.. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...hewing-their-way-into-garage#Post5004111

i'll post it here...

try peppermint oil on cotton balls. My relative lives out in the country and they were having issues with rodents of all kinds. Putting peppermint oil on cotton balls has stopped any rodents from trying to get in the garage! That stuff is STRONG! they cannot stand the smell. Try that and see what happens.

Well the university guy said the shrew probably came in but did not chew the garage door bottom seal. Stuffed a towel in last night and it was pushed away by the morning. Nothing in trap.

Even with the feeder a distance from the house, we had to stop due to the chipmunks and mice. It really did help.

Originally Posted by JTK

Even with the feeder a distance from the house, we had to stop due to the chipmunks and mice. It really did help.

We stop when the bears come out of hibernation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back