Daytona International Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigD1
Read above.

Menard got loose because of aggressive side drafting. That's what is going to happen when you sit in the catbird seat too long like Menard did.

It's called racing...get over it.

Aggressive side drafting is a little different than wreckless side drafting. It's not worth arguing about really, I just saw Jimmy make a Wrecky Stenhouse move. Get over it?, I was never really bothered by it. Why say something so "jerkish" as "get over it"? Just stating what I saw just like you're stating what you saw. No big deal. Have a great Sunday afternoon! I'm watching NHRA now.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
I agree with DW and Mike Joy, Menard didn't move, surely not enough to wreck if Jimmy wasn't right against him.

Watch it again...Menard forced JJ down pass the yellow line until he spun out.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by HemiBenny
I agree with DW and Mike Joy, Menard didn't move, surely not enough to wreck if Jimmy wasn't right against him.

Watch it again...Menard forced JJ down pass the yellow line until he spun out.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar

That's even more proof to support what I'm saying. Menards car starting nosing in towards the bottom after JJ rubbed his left rear. Keep watching the replay paying close attention to Menards car in relation to the wall, especially the in-car view from behind JJ. He does not start nosing in until his rear has been touched and at that point, JJ is trying to get away from him. If you can't see that on the video, there's no convincing you. I won't be convinced to change my mind. In the end, it means nothing in the great scheme of things.

Last edited:
Just my thought here..

No no no no.... Jimmy got into the 21... He hit the left rear of Paul's car. Then that what caused them to go towards the yellow line.

Just normal racing. I'm glad Jimmie tried to make a move and spice up the race - it was super boring with all the rain stoppage. I was disappointed more than half the field wrecked out and the race was called for rain.

Originally Posted by Charlie2015
Just normal racing. I'm glad Jimmie tried to make a move and spice up the race - it was super boring with all the rain stoppage. I was disappointed more than half the field wrecked out and the race was called for rain.

Absolutely! JJ is to a point that he will go for it no matter what. It doesn't clear him of fault for that wreck, but he's going for it, nothing but respect for that. It's like last year at the Roval, totally his fault, but as a Blaney fan, I was cheering at the end. Every driver out there has caused a wreck, it's just the nature of the beast.
I'm not really the biggest fan of these plate races, it usually ends up being won by the survivors.

Here's a better view of Menard forcing JJ off the track and wrecking in the process.

Yeah, that clearly shows Menards car nosing in towards the line BECAUSE JJ rubbed his left rear quarter panel. That is why Menards car turned and ran down towards the bottom, that is the direction the cars turn when the left rear is hit. Menard barely moved at all until JJ spun him. Anyway, if you can't see that with plain video evidence, then there's really no need in continuing.

Last edited:
JJ bodined Menard and should have been DQ'd.

What is this chic wearing on the Fox pre-game? Did she just get back from her high school Prom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back