Motorkote or Archoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Has anyone ever sent a virgin sample of Motorkote or Archoil to Blackstone Labs to see what all additives,and the additive levels that are in the product?

Last edited:
Since there hasn't been any comments,I will just go buy some motorkote first and send in a virgin sample to Blackstone Labs. Curious to know what all is in the product. After doing that, I will do the very same thing with Archoil 9100

Last edited:
You wont see anything in a VOA from Blackstone for Motorkote. I believe Archoil is a nano-boron additive so you will see boron as the main additive. Ive never used Archoil but ive used Motorkote and i will continue to use.
thumbsup2.gif

I have UOAs with Archoil...boosts Boron to 800 - 900 PPM...also increases Potassium levels.

Originally Posted by Diesel12
You wont see anything in a VOA from Blackstone for Motorkote. I believe Archoil is a nano-boron additive so you will see boron as the main additive. Ive never used Archoil but ive used Motorkote and i will continue to use.
thumbsup2.gif

I have Motorkote in my Nissan Titan right now. Can't tell any difference,but I will be sending in a sample to Blackstone to see the results. It's interesting that you say that Motorkote won't show anything in a virgin sample. Curious as to why you say that?

Well, I previously many months ago sent a virgin oil sample of Pennzoil Ultra Platnium 5w30 to see that amounts of all the different additives Pennzoil puts in that specific oil. I used to use Mobil 1 ,but have now found out that Pennzoil Ultra Plat. has a MUCH better additive package than Mobil 1. So Almost 1 yr ago I switched over to Pennz. Plat as my go to oil.
So the reason I'm curious about the Motorkote is the additives they put in it,and will it increase my levels of MolyB,Zinc,and the list goes on and on.. I want to compare the mixture of Pennzoil and Motorkote together to see if has a totally better additive package than Oils like Redline,and Royal Purple HPS which have to shown to have some of the highest levels of cleaning additives, friction additives. I know Amsoil has a high additive package ,but I don't like the buying process of Amsoil,etc.

I hope all this makes some sense to you.

Last edited:
Motorkote is not an oil additive so you wont see anything. Motorkote claims to treat the metal and not the oil. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by lawnguy
Well, I previously many months ago sent a virgin oil sample of Pennzoil Ultra Platnium 5w30 to see that amounts of all the different additives Pennzoil puts in that specific oil. I used to use Mobil 1 ,but have now found out that Pennzoil Ultra Plat. has a MUCH better additive package than Mobil 1. So Almost 1 yr ago I switched over to Pennz. Plat as my go to oil.
So the reason I'm curious about the Motorkote is the additives they put in it,and will it increase my levels of MolyB,Zinc,and the list goes on and on.. I want to compare the mixture of Pennzoil and Motorkote together to see if has a totally better additive package than Oils like Redline,and Royal Purple HPS which have to shown to have some of the highest levels of cleaning additives, friction additives. I know Amsoil has a high additive package ,but I don't like the buying process of Amsoil,etc.

I hope all this makes some sense to you.

It makes sense, yes. But I guess I'm not able to predict the performance of an oil based on a UOA, besides there possibly being things in the UOA that don't show up (it is only a rudimentary elemental analysis), I don't have the education nor knowledge to know what levels of some element are good or bad. Nor do I know how the overall formulated additive level is affected by the addition of some other additive. Elemental analysis doesn't tell you anything about the molecules the elements came from so you really don't know what they represent.

Plus I've never seen a conclusive demonstration on here that one oil over another (or one with and without an additive) has any significant effect on the "performance" or other aspect of the oil. It appears that any measurable difference is due to operating conditions or the specific engine itself, not with the oil. As far as I can tell (and is supported with Blackstone comments) that there is no measurable difference between any fully formulated oil.

Reading the tea leaves of a UOA elemental analysis and trying to subsequently divine some quantifiable performance parameter is way beyond my skill level.

Some good comments here. Another thing to consider; the oil companies spend a lot of time and money and resources to come up with optimal blends of oil that meet the specs they are shooting for. It's hard to believe that a can of something can greatly improve that. Bigger numbers of moly or boron or whatever do not necessarily mean that it's better.

Also, many components do not show up on a consumer analysis. So saying that one oil has a better additive package than another does not take in the product as a whole.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Some good comments here. Another thing to consider; the oil companies spend a lot of time and money and resources to come up with optimal blends of oil that meet the specs they are shooting for. It's hard to believe that a can of something can greatly improve that. Bigger numbers of moly or boron or whatever do not necessarily mean that it's better.

Also, many components do not show up on a consumer analysis. So saying that one oil has a better additive package than another does not take in the product as a whole.

Oil companies do spend a lot but they are in the business to make money too. Sometimes a boutique product like lubegard biotech and others have a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back