Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

Thanks
thumbsup2.gif

StevieC, you're welcome.

I just wanted to note that the copper level dropped from 6ppm to 4ppm. I didn't use any Techron fuel system cleaner this time.

The high silicon level is probably due to the valve adjustment that I had done recently.

Originally Posted by harry j
the Silicon level for the universal average should have been 11, not the121 shown in the above OCI report.

It seems it's not affecting iron wear which is the important part. Your still within the safe OCI zone at 15K.

Originally Posted by harry j
861,000 kilometers and still going strong.

Antifreeze overflow bucket remains at full level.

he int varje da man siir he di pÃ¥ ein bil =not every day you see that kind of km on a car!ðŸ‘

Incredible thread! I know these 90's Toyota / Honda cars are known to go forever but this thing looks like it might hit a million miles!

I am a bit curious as to what a similar engine (say 300K) plus might look like if it were running a "cheaper" synthetic motor oil. To go
even further, I'd like to possibly further compare the OP's engine that has had Amsoil most of it's life, to the cheaper synthetics, to yet
again the conventional oils we have available today.

Would be really nice to see a full spread of used oil samples, and what the internals of the engine look like. I'm sure that is wishful thinking
though!

Seriously impressed with how clean that car is all around, looks as good as it probably did from day 1 or maybe even better! You can tell
that a lot of time and love went into taking care of that thing.

Thankyou for those kind words battleman13.

I'm in the middle of an experiment right now, I have noticed that in the past, whenever I used Techron fuel system cleaner, the

Copper level goes up. So before I change over to Regane, I am adding 5 bottles (not all at once) over the 10,000 mile OCI.

With 540,000 miles on it now and the next oil change due at 544,000 miles, I have an opportunity to go through more than

the usual one bottle of Techron.

I think once you get over 200,000 miles using a quality synthetic oil you look back and wouldn't use a lesser oil to achieve where your at. I could have used the fvp synthetic oil 0w20 from Menards and it might have taken me this far but I am content like many others who use a little bit more well known oil. You get what you pay for. Take care of that Honda
thumbsup2.gif

I think that a lot of drivers get tired of what they are driving now, or see something they like better. It is important

to keep the vehicle looking new (or better than new) inside and out- no "rolling dung heaps"

for longevity of ownership. I have been driving the tires off this Civic for 19 years now. I am still

amazed that new OEM parts are still available, and sometimes available at the dealership parts counter!

Thanks anyways Harry. I ordered two 10oz bottles Liqui Moly Engine Oil Additive MoS2 2009 on FleaBay.
$16.00 total and free shipping. I will divide the 20oz into four OCIs.

That should guarantee me 200+K miles on my Consumer Top-10 Worst Engine (2.4 GDI Theta).... lol

I listed Liqimoly in my UOA report. I have been using it for some time now. I add 5ozs which is

a bit of underdose because the Amsoil 0W-30 already contains some moly. I like the protection

it gives on startup and to protect the cylinder wall and cam lobes.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Thanks anyways Harry. I ordered two 10oz bottles Liqui Moly Engine Oil Additive MoS2 2009 on FleaBay.
$16.00 total and free shipping. I will divide the 20oz into four OCIs.

That should guarantee me 200+K miles on my Consumer Top-10 Worst Engine (2.4 GDI Theta).... lol

How so?

Back