Pontiac G.T.O. (Humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spasm3
STOP POSTING MEME'S

LOL, that's so funny, Alanis Morrisert would have a song labelled it, but not addressing it.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by spasm3
STOP POSTING MEME'S
There's a thing called scrolling. If you don't like something you can keep scrolling. Stop crying.
Too bad there is not a delete and the problem could be solved for all.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
I know it's not a "real GTO" but I will own one of these someday:

[Linked Image]

They can be had fairly reasonably now, but be ready to Get Tools Out, and good luck finding one that hasn't been abused or wrecked.

I've had mine for 3 years, put 13k miles on it (and still under 100k), and off the top of my head I've repaired driveshaft (center carrier), radiator, oil pump (regulator jammed open), timing chain (loose/eating damper), lifters (rollers spalled), starter, idlers, rebuilt trans (3rd clutch failed), hood and trunk lifts ... and now something is starting to clunk in the front end. And I don't race it or abuse it.

To me it's still worth it, though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
I know it's not a "real GTO" but I will own one of these someday:

[Linked Image]

They can be had fairly reasonably now, but be ready to Get Tools Out, and good luck finding one that hasn't been abused or wrecked.

I've had mine for 3 years, put 13k miles on it (and still under 100k), and off the top of my head I've repaired driveshaft (center carrier), radiator, oil pump (regulator jammed open), timing chain (loose/eating damper), lifters (rollers spalled), starter, idlers, rebuilt trans (3rd clutch failed), hood and trunk lifts ... and now something is starting to clunk in the front end. And I don't race it or abuse it.

To me it's still worth it, though.
smile.gif

I am still kicking myself for this - my friend's dad bought an 04 brand new and recently sold it with (get this) 9,000 miles on it for 10k. 6 speed manual.

New owner just WRECKED IT.

They're next to impossible to find stock with low miles at a reasonable price. Good to know on all the problems, I didn't know they had that many issues, especially the LS2/manual versions. I've heard of rear suspension bushings and small stuff like that but nothing major.

I actually liked this design and they weren't bad vehicles all in all. Some minor issues but nothing crazy.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Also if it's not a GTO I wouldn't know because I'm not over the hill yet.
lol.gif

There, is that funny?

I bought mine new in 2004. It never needed oil. It did convert lots of gas into speed.

The last gens were extreme sleepers. One of my crowd had a 6.0 with a belt driven supercharger on it that was a real screamer, and it looked pretty stock.

I rejected them when shopping in 04 for myself due to the small brakes and no way to fit much bigger ones. They were nominal for street use but unable to be tracked seriously. Great "bang for the buck" car!

My BiL had that old 389 and boss had the Holden only because he had a goat growing up …
It did have some attitude …

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
SPAM

Stevie
Memes

40.gif
<--- There is an Emoticon for that. Now you Know!

Originally Posted by gman2304
The Holdens had everything but the look. The rear and quarters looked frumpy to me.

Yeah, you walk down the street, and it hits you...one day one angle, and it's "Nah, that's not right", another day, another angle, and it's looking good...it's an interesting dichotomy, in the same car.

Here's a couple of earlier Monaros….

1969-holden-ht-monaro-gts-350-coupe.jpg

IMG018 HQ GTS 350 BROCK BROCHURE (3)_800H.jpg

The top one would be HT by the tail lights. We had an HT sw in the other day, young fulla doing the safety inspection. It's got a small block in it, and a rear axle to match, sump knotched to clear the track rod, and cut up gearbox X member. I had a look and said ''These didn't come with a chev engine, has it got a cert plate for all this?'' He said ''How would I know what is stock or not on one of these ?'' Fair enough, he wasn't born when these were new, but I was working on them back then. ''It's not going to kill anyone, and I didn't see anything....but just mention it to the owner...''

I remember the HK having the 307, but thought by HT they had the 253. The Statesman had a 350 Chev to pull all the extras. We were assembling them over here, so more geared to our market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back