Oil recommendation for 2018 titan 4x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a 0w20 for my titans first oil change. It's been quite awhile since I've used a 5w20 and a 0w20 is new to me. Im leaning towards castrol edge black bottle 0w20 because i used 5w20 edge back in time. Is there a better option? Engine is a dohc 5.6 v8 VVT. Is there a 0w20 that's a little more robust or has better performance? Any info would be great.

Last edited:
You could have got Pennzoil last week at Walmart for $14 a Jug I don't know if they still have that deal. Pretty good for a non rebate deal. But then again with Pennzoil you never know if they are going to give you a rebate.

You can run any major brand of oil that meets the specs for your Titan. Castrol is a good oil if that is your preference.

I'm not familiar with that engine but if it is direct injection then use a SN+ d1G2 oil. Most of the brands will say this right on the container. d1G2 stands for dexos 1 Gen 2. That is the latest spec and you can run that with no worries.

I have that exact same truck . I just recently took it back to the dealer for it's first 5k oil change . It was free so that's the only reason I went there . As I was about to leave , I asked the service advisor if they had used the 0W20 synthetic oil . Nope . They used 10W30 conventional . I reminded them that the manual and the sticker under the hood says 0W20 . " But it's not REQUIRED , sir " . I did a " mike drop " with the ink pen and said that was not going to fly . They took it back into the shop and changed it again . I watched through the window . I plan on finding a shop that will use Pennzoil Platinum from now on .

Originally Posted by Ttown
It's DI

With that in mind, consider your usual driving routine. Most city/urban or mostly highway? For city driving, stop and go I would suggest 5000 mile oci. If you are driving mostly highway you could go 7500 miles. You could also test your OLM and see what kind of time and mileage it tells.

I made a post about this subject a couple of months ago so you might also check it.
I have a Platinum Reserve and love it. These Titans are some great trucks that seem to fly under the radar.

Originally Posted by Ttown
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a 0w20 for my titans first oil change. It's been quite awhile since I've used a 5w20 and a 0w20 is new to me. Im leaning towards castrol edge black bottle 0w20 because i used 5w20 edge back in time. Is there a better option? Engine is a dohc 5.6 v8 VVT. Is there a 0w20 that's a little more robust or has better performance? Any info would be great.

With it being D.I, I would use dexos1Gen2 SN Plus in 5w30. Change every 5K.

My favorite current full sized truck. Congrats!

As mentioned already any modern 0W-20 will serve you well.

Did my first oil change on a 18 titan with Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 and Nissan filter. No issues with the 0W-20. Nissan recommended change interval is 5K miles. I would not hesitate to use 5W-20, 0W-30 or even 5W-30 in the future. However, the 0W-20 is fine for now.

Nomas- it's interesting they used 10w30. We all like to think the dealers are all morons and that them putting the wrong oil is obvious. I've not seen this with many dealers lately. Very knowledgable. In the manual it states only 0w20. No changes in weights because of temps stated. I'm not sure if 0w20 is for cafe or VVT related.

Wemay- I love the 5.6 and looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back