M1 filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I use an M1 filter or Wix XP? I like the RP filters but I don't feel like ordering it.

I'm surprised that the box for the M1 filter says something about a nitrile ADBV... Really?

It'll be used for 10K on my 08 CVPI.

Seeing RP filters and M1 filters inside guts, looks like they are the same except for the pleated filter media and the purple check valve color. I like the Fram Ultra Synthetic too. Two types of filter with a metal mesh for rigidity for the filter. If you do get the Fram, buy the all black letter one, that is the new version.

I like the Wix XP in my application, but you can't go wrong with the Mobil 1 filters.

If you're shopping at O'Reilly, the standard Wix would be my choice over either for your ride.

Nothing wrong with the Wix XP
smile.gif

I cut open a Wix XP which was used as a remote ATF filter. Very impressed with the construction. Now, that said, I've heard some less than impressive filtration specs for that filter. Due to that, I go with the Fram Ultra on my engines.

Originally Posted by Purpfox
M1 is 30micron at 99
Wix xp isnt listed
Fram ultra is 20 at 99

WIX XP isn't listed for a reason.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bill_W
Seeing RP filters and M1 filters inside guts, looks like they are the same except for the pleated filter media and the purple check valve color...

Nope.
M1 uses a synthetic blend media, RP uses a wire backed synthetic media. Wix XP (and Fram Ultra) also use a wire backed synthetic media.

IMO, a M1 filter is overrated and overpriced for what it is. Some knock the Ultra for the thinner can than others, but no reported issues with it.
The Wix XP does not have published ratings.

As other have said, the Ultra is the best bang for the buck. Lowest cost, best filtration, and readily available.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I like the Wix XP in my application, but you can't go wrong with the Mobil 1 filters.

If you're shopping at O'Reilly, the standard Wix would be my choice over either for your ride.

Yeah, I want a filter that's available at O'Reilly. The RP is available but I have to order it and I'd rather use a filter always in stock. I have a ton of "standard" Wix 51372 filters floating around, I guess I should just use those (I bought them for previous Crown Vics) for now.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Seeing RP filters and M1 filters inside guts, looks like they are the same except for the pleated filter media and the purple check valve color...

Nope.
M1 uses a synthetic blend media, RP uses a wire backed synthetic media. Wix XP (and Fram Ultra) also use a wire backed synthetic media.

CORRECT - - they are NOTHING ALIKE inside.

Blu, you are thinking of K&N. K&N and Mobil 1 are traditionally exactly the same inside.

Go to Walmart and pull the K&N and Mobil 1filters out of the box and compare them, they have identical identifying features.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by blupupher

Nope.

CORRECT - - they are NOTHING ALIKE inside.

Blu, you are thinking of K&N. K&N and Mobil 1 are traditionally exactly the same inside.

Go to Walmart and pull the K&N and Mobil 1filters out of the box and compare them, they have identical identifying features.

Mobil-1 filters are high flow these days, like K&N?

Originally Posted by dogememe
Should I use an M1 filter or Wix XP? I like the RP filters but I don't feel like ordering it.

I'm surprised that the box for the M1 filter says something about a nitrile ADBV... Really?

It'll be used for 10K on my 08 CVPI.

I think either of those will serve you well. Have only seen good cut opens for either. Ive cut a few M1s now and all is great.

Both of these filters are high-capacity extended service filters, but I would choose the M1 just because it has slightly better efficiency.
I agree with the other comments that a Fram Ultra/Fram Pro Synthetic would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back