Spotify to home theater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a tech savy 66 yr old, my computer is in the kitchen and Home theater in living room, what is needed to play spotify thru the system, have wifi, heard about DACs but not sure how it all works, have an old Pioneer VSX-47TX Elite receiver. Have a lot of 60/70/80's music that i would love to hear over the system.
11.gif

Best bet will be via bluetooth. If the computer and the receiver have bluetooth you can pair them and play that way in a matter of seconds. Chances are the receiver doesn't have bluetooh built in, but perhaps it has a USB slot that you could use for a bluetooth receiver?

Sonos connect or better Bluenode2i this is for entry level hi fi you can get very high end but not needed for spotify. Sonos very easy to operate amd navigation and not bad DAC this unit is more likely best for you basically be plug and play.

Just at a glance, if you just play Spotify via computer you are looking at either a speaker level output from your computer to your receiver via wire or bluetooth transmitter>receiver. That would be the least expensive methods off the top of my head.

If you play spotify off you phone, same thing, wire our of headphone jack to RCA in the back of receiver....or bluetooth receiver on back of the receiver.

Last edited:
Chromecast Audio is another option. You can then use your phone or tablet to cast pretty much any streaming service to Chromecast and have it play on your home theater receiver.

Google recently discontinued Chromecast Audio, but you might still find it on the shelves of Walmarts or Targets, or online somewhere. It's like $15.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Chromecast Audio is another option. You can then use your phone or tablet to cast pretty much any streaming service to Chromecast and have it play on your home theater receiver.

Google recently discontinued Chromecast Audio, but you might still find it on the shelves of Walmarts or Targets, or online somewhere. It's like $15.

+1

One question though, you are going to run the laptop just to play Spotify (unless of course, it is running 24/7)? You can not play from your phone, any old smartphone should work?

Audio Chromecast was a great option. I recommend you get one before it is cleaned out.

If you can run it from your phone, just get RCA to 3.5mm male cable and directly connect the phone.

Unless bluetooth receiver is in a straight line, I doubt it will work. My apt is tiny and it doesn't work in the straight line more than 6ft away.

Use a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable or a Bluetooth receiver dongle to an unused input on the Pioneer and connect your phone or computer to it.

If your TV is a "smart" TV or if you have a Chromecast/Apple TV/Roku, you can also do Spotify off the TV, as long as the TV's audio output is piped to the receiver.

If you're using an Apple product, you can use a Apple TV or find a used Airport Express. I use both and can stream anywhere in the house and change songs and volume levels.

No offense to bitog but the place to ask is audiokarma.org. Also check out radioparadise.com

That's a very nice receiver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back