Best breakfast chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all cardiovascular grease pits and Diabetes factories. Make your own breakfast. It's faster, easier, and cheaper than going out. Not to mention you'll live longer.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Not even close, Waffle House.

That was my thought. Not "high end" or fancy, just reasonably good food any time.

Originally Posted by billt460
They're all cardiovascular grease pits and Diabetes factories. Make your own breakfast. It's faster, easier, and cheaper than going out. Not to mention you'll live longer.

I guess it depends upon what you order/make. I have my doubts that eggs with ham and grits is much different when made at home or a restaurant. Order some giant, sticky, sugary concoction and it's a different story...

True if you don't exercise, and the rest of your diet is also garbage. But for those of us who do exercise, a little grease now and then makes the ole elbows and knees work better!
laugh.gif

I eat breakfast out a few times a year and IHOP and Black Bear Diner are my two favorites.

Originally Posted by 555
Cracker Barrel has a more "controlled diarrhea" which is desirable.

Nasty comment, but SO funny!
lol.gif

I used to love getting the International Burrito at IHOP around 3-5am when I went out a lot, but it wasn't on the menu last time I went to an IHOP.
I guess IHOP is still my favorite breakfast chain, anway.
One of the best breakfasts I've ever had is blueberry pancakes/sausage/home fries at Benton's Sugar Shack in Thornton, NH...obviously a bit out of the way, but well worth a minor detour off I93 if you're up there for some reason (probably for skiing or sledding this time of year).

I hear First Watch is good. I haven't been. None of the big national chains mentioned are worth going to unless you just closed down the bar.

Originally Posted by john_pifer

True if you don't exercise, and the rest of your diet is also garbage. But for those of us who do exercise, a little grease now and then makes the ole elbows and knees work better!
laugh.gif

Exercise doesn't assure clean arteries. Just ask Jim Fixx. He did nothing but exercise and eat nuts and twigs. There are plenty more in cemeteries just like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

"Fixx died on July 20, 1984 at age 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick. The autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%."

My vote's for Waffle House, though we don't have any in the upper Midwest. I always make it a point to stop at one when I'm in the south.
The closest one is in St. Joe MO, an hour north of Kansas City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back