2015 Accord V6 Castrol Magnatech

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Accord V6 that is mostly city driven to and from work with the occasional highway run on the weekends. This oil survived the "polar vortex" with -24 degree weather. Also, VCM has been disabled for a couple years and I also have a Takeda cold air intake as the only performance mod. Boring report.
Castrol Magnatech 0w20 out.
Idemitsu 0w20 in.

2eFcTAU

E9458433-C351-45F7-B811-709AC9309100.jpeg

Excellent looking report. There appears to be no moly nor titanium in the oil. That will confound some here.

I've been seeing a lot of great UOA's and VOA's on this site from people using Castrol Magnatech lately...….wonder if good ol' Castrol is on to something here?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
I've been seeing a lot of great UOA's and VOA's on this site from people using Castrol Magnatech lately...….wonder if good ol' Castrol is on to something here?
smile.gif

The odd thing is, the additive pack doesn't look all that impressive, yet the UOAs are pretty consistently excellent (especially for such a cheap oil) so I have to wonder if Castrol's "intelligent molecules" are actually more than just marketing hype.

I think its been said time and again that not everything 'important' shows up in a VOA/UOA so there is quite literally 'more than meets the eye' these days with oil.

~5300 miles with 5ppm iron wear with a retained TBN of 3.2 and KV100 = ~8.4 cSt so it's still in grade.

Excellent report

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Originally Posted by incognito_2u
smile.gif

The odd thing is, the additive pack doesn't look all that impressive, yet the UOAs are pretty consistently excellent (especially for such a cheap oil) so I have to wonder if Castrol's "intelligent molecules" are actually more than just marketing hype.

The "intelligent molecules" are polar organic molecules that attach themselves to the steel in the engine and resist drain back when then engine is off.

Such a shame they stopped making this oil. Wonder if the GTX semi syn would perform as well? It's their only semi synthetic now

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Such a shame they stopped making this oil. Wonder if the GTX semi syn would perform as well? It's their only semi synthetic now

They stopped making it? Last time I was in Wal-Mart a few months ago the shelves were full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back