Sense Energy Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love gadgets like that. But I agree that in 6 months it will be done. I do have sensors on my two lines in, and they feed a pair of ammeters so I can see generally whats going on... But theyre analog and dont log data.

Im honestly not that confident that Id see anything that was easily changed. And the utility gives a hisogram of consumption by month, so...?

I bought something similar off Ali-Express. It keeps a running average and will display a bar graph for the last month and last day.
It also has a realtime display of what's being used currently and you can program in your rate to see live costs.

It has an amp clamp that goes around each of the main feeds in your fuse panel and transmits wirelessly to the display unit.
The display unit normally takes batteries or a DC wall plug. The batteries seem to last forever though.

I can't seem to find the link to it at the moment... I'll look through my purchase history when I get home if you are interested in it.

Here is the one I bought... You will need to order the extra clamp for it so it can monitor both sides of your 220v feed. Just e-mail the seller if you go this route, that's what I did. IT's a CT-2 clamp that you need.

Monitor Link

My electricity provider gives useage to the hour and I can roughly guess what was on during that time. I'd be interested to see what my 2 well pumps and water heater actually use.

I also am not sure what I would change. My appliances and water heater are fairly new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back