"New" Techron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Sayonara_Sonata
Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
Originally Posted by Rand

I think that as long as you avoid the costco watered down stuff..

Do you mean to say that Techron sold is Costco has a different concentration of PEA than the one sold at, say Amazon or AutoZone?

yes it is not "complete fuel system cleaner"
it is just "fuel injector cleaner" or somesuch.
Its basically similar to buying the $3 bottle of gumout, not the good $10 bottle that is loaded with pea.

What's the diff CFSC and say two bottles of watered down per tank, half a tank or whatever equals the same amount PEA?

It's always possible that there's "synergy" with a carefully made detergent additive. Perhaps using half of this and half of that isn't equivalent to double the effectiveness of just one. Of course most people are filling half a tank at a different gas station using a different additive without ill effects, so it can't be that bad.

I don't like how the Chevron bottles treat only like 10 or 12 gallons. You have to buy 2 bottles. It's cheaper to get the Gumout Regane or All-in-one at walmart that treats 21 gal or the bigger bottle for $2 more which does 35 gallons. Plus the Regane is a high PEA additive and works just as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMBoy
I don't like how the Chevron bottles treat only like 10 or 12 gallons. You have to buy 2 bottles. It's cheaper to get the Gumout Regane or All-in-one at walmart that treats 21 gal or the bigger bottle for $2 more which does 35 gallons. Plus the Regane is a high PEA additive and works just as well.

That's probably the 10 oz bottle that treats up to 15 gallons. They also have a 20 oz bottle, although I'm not quite sure how many gallons it's supposed to treat. Their 32 oz looks like a gear oil bottle and says 1 oz per gallon. This stuff is mostly solvent anyways, so it's not all that strange that they use different concentrations even for supposedly the same product.

[Linked Image]

$16.99 from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Techron-Concentrate-Plus-System-Cleaner/dp/B07576419V/

Still, anyone who regularly used a good detergent gasoline shouldn't need anything like this. My wife's car sat mostly unused for about 9 months, so for that car it made sense to run a little something extra just in case.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMBoy

Referencing the All-in-one Walmart treatment am I to understand it contains PEA?

Originally Posted by MRtv

Referencing the All-in-one Walmart treatment am I to understand it contains PEA?

I haven't seen anything Walmart sells as a "house brand' that looks like competition for Techron.

They DO sell SuperTech "Sea Foam"..... no thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back