Formula 4 Macau Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Be definition any driver who IS in the upper echelons of racing IS competitive.

If that's the case, then why haven't they won? I could call that a lot of things, but "competitive" sure isn't one of them.

This whole thing is starting to get boring. I would love to see women in F1, Indy Car, and NASCAR who could actually win. And like many, when she showed up I thought Danica was the real deal.... For a short while. But she was an obvious dud. A very popular and marketable dud. But a dud none the less. People finally got bored with her, and now she's gone. With that said, she was the best to come down the pike yet. But I'm a realist. It's never going to happen. And I'm not going to make excuses for it not happening.

And I'm not going to say being there is being competitive either. Because it's not. Man or woman, the person who finishes dead last in the Daytona 500, or the Indianapolis 500, is not, and was not, "competitive". Just because they were out there doing laps, and getting in everyone's way like Pippa Mann. She was out there only because now at Indy they can barely fill the 33 car field. As compared to when they had Bump Day that went on all day because they had so many cars trying to make it in.

Maybe you believe this will change. I thought it would. But I no longer do. Not because I'm down on women. Or because I'm "chauvinistic". I'm not. What I am is realistic. They simply do not have the necessary talent to be on the same level as Scott Dixon, Will Power, Helio Castroneves, Ryan Hunter Reay, and all the rest. And they never will. If you think or feel different, you're entitled to your opinion. But you will never convince me, because I've seen too much evidence to make me think otherwise. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm sure not going to get blue in the face holding my breath waiting and hoping otherwise.

Originally Posted by billt460
Be definition any driver who IS in the upper echelons of racing IS competitive.

If that's the case, then why haven't they won? I could call that a lot of things, but "competitive" sure isn't one of them.

You said competitive. Sheesh..you can't even keep your story straight.

Last edited:
You said competitive. Sheesh..you can't even keep your story straight.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, associating being competitive with winning.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back