Pennzoil Platinum EURO LX 0W-30 Made in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by turboseize
Originally Posted by Trav
Yes. Shell Helix Ultra Professional AV-L, being GTL it is not listed legally as a true synthetic but it is (Fischer-Tropsch process).

https://www.shell.de/autofahrer/she...helix-ultra-professional-av-l-0w-30.html

If the Pennzoil is identical to the AV-L, it surely is a good oil (see my UOAs for reference). The Shell is also very reasonably priced. Last time i paid 24€ for a 5-liter-jug.

That is good price for that oil. I see it for 26€ on motoroel100.de. Its either the AV-L or the ECT but IIRC when I checked it out the AV-L was the closest. Either way its their premium line product. Both those oils are about 20€ for 1 liter at the local parts store so online is the only way to go.

Originally Posted by turboseize
Originally Posted by Trav
Yes. Shell Helix Ultra Professional AV-L, being GTL it is not listed legally as a true synthetic but it is (Fischer-Tropsch process).

https://www.shell.de/autofahrer/she...helix-ultra-professional-av-l-0w-30.html

If the Pennzoil is identical to the AV-L, it surely is a good oil (see my UOAs for reference). The Shell is also very reasonably priced. Last time i paid 24€ for a 5-liter-jug.

Other names are: SHU ECT C2 C3, AB-L etc.

Last edited:
Just checked Walmart here...our Pennzoil Euro L says made in the USA from domestic and imported components. No German mystique to it.

Originally Posted by edyvw
I am expecting nothing less than 30 extra hp because it is Made in Germany.

If Pennzoil plastered "Made in Germany" all over the front of the jug like LM they may sell a whole heck of a lot more...

Originally Posted by sloinker
The only approved 504/507 Volkswagen oils I have encountered are 5W30

(FWIW Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 is also a certified 504/507 lubricant)

I don't think that the "Shell Helix Ultra ECT 0W-30" oil is the same as the "Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30" oil. The latter is probably, at least recently, the same as the "Shell Helix Ultra Professional AV-L 0W-30" though, and the "Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0W-30" in North America. I'm don't know about the AB-L one, but it looks the same as well.

Check out www.epc.shell.com if you want to compare them.

For a list of VW 504.00/507.00 oils see: https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/downloadStaticFile/volkswagen/files/oil/step_50400_50700.pdf

Last edited:
Pennzoil Euro LX 0W30 = Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W30 in other global markets.

Spec sheets are identical as are VOA's (you can search.) In Australia Shell import their all 'Ultra' Class oils from 'Europe,' except 5W40, which comes from Hong Kong (5L) or Thailand (1L) (It's weird but there you go.) At present it's my personal favourite oil. It's a 'thick' 30W and meets SN. Sure in Australia it's $56/5L (on sale...
frown.gif
) but you get what you pay for.

Regards
jordan

Originally Posted by JFAllen
Pennzoil Euro LX 0W30 = Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W30 in other global markets.

Spec sheets are identical as are VOA's (you can search.) In Australia Shell import their all 'Ultra' Class oils from 'Europe,' except 5W40, which comes from Hong Kong (5L) or Thailand (1L) (It's weird but there you go.) At present it's my personal favourite oil. It's a 'thick' 30W and meets SN. Sure in Australia it's $56/5L (on sale...
frown.gif
) but you get what you pay for.

Regards
jordan

Yepp agree with you 100%

Hey I really wanted to try this oil but it doesn't have BMW LL01 on the bottle.

But dealer oil is indeed 0W-30 and should be Pennzoil.

Anyone else think BMW won't allow Pennzoil to put LL01 on the bottle to keep dealer sales?

Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwh

Anyone else think BMW won't allow Pennzoil to put LL01 on the bottle to keep dealer sales?

Yeah, that has to be it.

What BMW do you own that requires Longlife-01?

Dealer oil is different kind of 0W30 and it is not LL01 but LL01FE. BMW is pushing thinner oils in the North America due to driving habits of average driver of BMW here.
By the way, Shell cooks different oils for BMW and are not same formula as Pennzoil in stores.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Yeah, that has to be it.

He has the N54.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Yeah, that has to be it.

He has the N54.

Well, I do not want to sound like a parrot, but Castrol 0W40.

I thought all BMW LL-01 Oils were 40-weight's?

They're definitely all full saps (Most meet/exceed A3/B4.) PP Euro LX is a C2/C3 class oil. (In essence the difference between C3 and A3/B4 is the saps content.) So while i'm not recomending it for a BMW that requires BWM LL-01, you'd be fine
wink.gif

regards
Jordan

Originally Posted by JFAllen
I thought all BMW LL-01 Oils were 40-weight's?

They're definitely all full saps (Most meet/exceed A3/B4.) PP Euro LX is a C2/C3 class oil. (In essence the difference between C3 and A3/B4 is the saps content.) So while i'm not recomending it for a BMW that requires BWM LL-01, you'd be fine
wink.gif

regards
Jordan

LL01 has always been 0w/5w through 30/40. The OP could run a LL04 and just cut the OCI in half (7500 miles in his case)

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Yeah, that has to be it.

He has the N54.

Well, I do not want to sound like a parrot, but Castrol 0W40.

Hahaha yeah don't worry that's what I'm running. Just wanted to try something else to see but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back