'20 Soul is the New Gremlin Reincarnation?

I can't tell the difference:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gremlin was all the rage in high school. Somebody at FCA these days (AMC's current equity holder) should sue Kia.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14
Well, the Gremlin is the better looking of the two...
When the Gremlin wasn't broken down, it was almost OK to drive..... I do remember how college kids loved the first Souls and Scion xBs when they came out years ago. Boxy nerdy stuff they took right too. Very similar to 1975 Gremlin's popularity demographics back then.

Yes! Saying the Gremlin looks like a Soul is an insult to the Gremlin.

It's amazing how many senior citizens drive Souls these days. Easy to get in and out. Good visibility. Inexpensive to boot.

AMC designers were out in space during that era. The Gremlin and Pacer attest to that. The Javelin was their real car.

Oh, man. I thought that the old front view was tolerable. I'm not sure about the new one. My adult son has a 2015 Soul and it has been stellar for mechanical reliability and lack of even annoyance type problems. It could be an attractive vehicle if they would nix those goofy styling accents.

2018 Front end:
[Linked Image]

2020 Front end:
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by zorobabel
The Gremlin looks like half a car
smile.gif
Good observation, cuz it really was a chopped-off AMC Hornet back then.
... and available as a GT (which had Porsche reeling ....)
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies

Gremlin was all the rage in high school. Somebody at FCA these days (AMC's current equity holder) should sue Kia.

I don't think too many Gremlins survived into my high school years...the super low cost car of choice at my school seemed to be the Dart.
The kids with money drove Camaros and Firebirds.
A girl I was head over heels for in HS drove a '50s Caddy with huge fins that her dad had restored...I was over the moon when she offered me a ride home one day, but it was all ruined when it turned out two of the nastiest girls I ever met rode with her every day. She told me they just lived in the same neighborhood and weren't close friends, but my interest in Caddy girl died right then, anyway.

The Pacer is hideous.

The Gremlin, slightly less so.

But that new Kia is so ugly, that it makes the Pacer look normal...

Search YouTube for the '76 Gremlin Regular Car Review.

Not sure it's work friendly, so I'll leave the searching up to the reader and not place a link here.

Last edited:
The Pacer is hideous.

The Gremlin, slightly less so.

But that new Kia is so ugly, that it makes the Pacer look normal...

I dig the Pacer
smirk2.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Donald
Maybe next year's Soul will look like a Yugo?

It might..........

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
When the Gremlin wasn't broken down, it was almost OK to drive.....

Actually, the 1974 and earlier Gremlins were very reliable mechanically, it was the rest of the car that fell apart and rusted out.

Originally Posted by PimTac
It's amazing how many senior citizens drive Souls these days. Easy to get in and out. Good visibility. Inexpensive to boot.

AMC designers were out in space during that era. The Gremlin and Pacer attest to that. The Javelin was their real car.

Souls are one of the best selling vehicles around here. They're everywhere.

Back