'16 Honda Pilot, 3,821mi, PPPP0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest report for my wife's Pilot. Car is mostly short tripped and very rarely sees highway. Had it re-filled with Amsoil SS 0w20 just cause I had and figured it be nice for a comparison. Rather boring report by I definitely like it. Comments are very welcomed

2019-02-04_18-36-23.jpg

Does anyone have an idea on titanium showing up? what could be the source of it?

Yup, tried to find 0w20 VOA but I don't think anyone posted it on here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks for the heads up on 5w30!

Originally Posted by parshisa
Does anyone have an idea on titanium showing up? what could be the source of it?

Nice UOA. Had 1 ppm Ti in my last UOA PP 0w20, a month or two back. Probably an impurity. For sure wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
I would contact them and have them actually test the Fuel Dilution%. They list it as <1 - Estimate. It looks like they tested the last 3, but decided to estimate it this time. I have noticed they do this on other UOA reports from them as well.

Originally Posted by BobThe
I would contact them and have them actually test the Fuel Dilution%. They list it as div>

The higher viscosity on this sample didn't trigger the GC fuel measurement. That's why fuel dilution wasn't measured.

Agree with you - wish they'd do GC all the time, and not just on samples where they think the viscosity is low.

Last edited:
I'll give them a call and request to do so. Just didn't have the time yet. Thank you all for the notes on the Ti

Originally Posted by BobThe
I would contact them and have them actually test the Fuel Dilution%. They list it as div>

Here's an update report with FD measured - came back really low which surprises me a bit given low number of the highway trips the car makes.

2019-02-12_8-32-04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back