Wife's RAV4, burnt clutch, DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.
If life allows us to spend some big money in cars, this toy is gonna get some uprated parts (because anyway suspension would be dead, every rubber parts, etc.)

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've always had Flywheels "Ground", A Lathe-bit will ride over the hard spots......Just my opinion!

I thought that, but then going over with the needle tip dial gauge (how do you people call that device?) shown virtually nothing bumpy. But that was one really BIG lathe, could have put myself in it

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Superflan
Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've always had Flywheels "Ground", A Lathe-bit will ride over the hard spots......Just my opinion!

I thought that, but then going over with the needle tip dial gauge (how do you people call that device?) shown virtually nothing bumpy. But that was one really BIG lathe, could have put myself in it

Dial Indicator, I guess if the lathe was big enough & you plunge the tool holder/bit head-on into the material, Maybe? Surfacing usually requires a consistency in the material being cut.
I machine a lot of automatic transmission pistons, pressure plates & drums, But am in no way a "all knowing" expert on running a lathe!

Yeah it was a very big lathe.

Well, the car is running!

It was a great experience to learn car mechanics.

Thanks to the crowd here at BITOG, friends, brother, and brother's friends for making all this possible, all in a short delay with more than good results ! And parents for keeping my 3yr old son entertained while I do those repairs

Keep wrenching, learn something.

Bonus: old parts pics

20190212_114154.jpg

20190212_114146.jpg

20190212_114211.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back