Post your latest beer consumption

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I like it straight up to sip and enjoy.

I'm falling away from beer as too many calories and carbs

Water is your friend

Yes any other way and you just ruined some good Bourbon.

Had some of this last weekend.
8.3% ABV makes two of these plenty enough for a fun session.
Not too piney or super hoppy which can be hard to come by in a DIPA.
Highly recommend.

2018-04-20 02.07.10 1-1.jpg

Originally Posted by nthach

That sounds like a kolsch I made last year that got good reviews but I used a different malt bill(pilsner, a little Munich, Honey malt and acid malt), Hallertau Mittelfruh for hops and Wyeast 2565 for yeast. It look almost 3 months to lager the beer, but it came out great.

I'll be using White Labs WLP029 for the second iteration, I've read it takes significantly less time to lager and clear.

Sounds great! WLP029 is my go-to for my Kolsch. I do quite a bit on the brewing side to get bright wort into the fermenter (pH control stuff, lengthy whirlpool to drop trub, recirculation of my mash for 20-30min to get brilliant wort into the kettle, etc...). So that beer got very bright quickly once the yeast settled. I don't use finings. I only lager my lagers about 4 weeks typical, only big stuff like my Doppelbock go longer or if I'm just waiting on a tap to open up. Have a Festbier and Doppelbock on deck, currently my Weizenbock, Dunkel, Double IPA and Kolsch are on tap at the moment.

Here is my Weizenbock, 7.8% ... Enjoyed this one earlier tonight!

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Picked this up locally; $8 for a 4 pack. Not quite as much flavor as I thought, but not too bad. I definitely prefer Newcastle over this. Would probably be better during the hot summer months and in a pint glass, but I was too lazy to get it out.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Delta
Picked this up locally; $8 for a 4 pack. Not quite as much flavor as I thought, but not too bad. I definitely prefer Newcastle over this. Would probably be better during the hot summer months and in a pint glass, but I was too lazy to get it out.

[Linked Image]

That stuff I like. Samuel Smith oatmeal stout I definitely love

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Hans would be disappointed with that pour - too much head!

Try Weihenstephaner or Maisel's Weisse next - and make sure you chill the glass!

Weihenstephaner, I get in big bottles at local mix and match 6pack place near Ohio line. Love that beer

Last edited:
Nice cold GUINNESS since a co worker bought me 3 4 packs for doing some work on his car.

Pretty darn good I will say
wink.gif

cheers3.gif

20190306_162108.jpg

Last edited:
Back