What is your favorite quick lube place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take my Rav4 to Automotive Service Co in Burnsville, which is less than a mile from my work. Never had an issue with them, and most of the workers at our plant go there too. The new Equinox I just take to the dealer since it's right down the road from my house and I get coupons mailed to me.

I was pretty happy with the GM service for free with car purchase, normally $50. Full synthetic GM oil, GM oil filter, tire rotation with TPMS resetting, and an exterior wash. Goes on carfax as a dealer service. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes. I never knew the price was this for all this.

Taking a Ford to a Ford dealer Quick Lane gives you the best way to protest if something goes wrong. Start with the dealer then Corporate. When my body finishes falling apart that's where I'll go.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Be real interesting to see if people can answer your question without irrelevant, off-topic commentary. In my opinion, responses should be the name of a company or they don't answer at all.

Malo83 Garage.
11.gif

The Valvoline places I've been to are nice and you can sit in your car. They are very fast as well. They may over-torque your drain plug and filter though.....and strip a few bolts that cover the splash guard. LOL!!

My friend owns a detailing business and told me I could do it at his place. If I get the time I may do that otherwise I'll be headed to Valvoline.

In the past I have used Valvoline...never had a problem. I have a trusted NAPA garage only 2 miles away. I usually make an appointment...drop it off the evening prior...and they call me the next day when it's done. A standard L-O-F is still under $30 incl tax. They will even come and get me if I need a ride.

I have a $20 coupon for Valvoline too, another reason I'm leaning towards them.

We have a regional chain here called Express Oil/Tire Engineers that I like. Most locations are actually full service shops. I change my own oil, but they did the radius arm bushings and brackets on my Explorer and ball joints on my 02 Ranger. We take our delivery trucks there for oil changes because our own shop is too slow, and has done things like forget to change the oil, then leave the truck sitting outside in the rain with the windows down.
33.gif

I know a guy that has his own tools, heated garage and lift. He used to work as a mechanic, listens to whatever he wants, is kind of opinionated, but works for free.

Last edited:
We have a Kwik Kar (Pennzoil) and Valvoline near me. Id go Valvoline if i have to. Just because price.

Originally Posted by buster
I normally do an oil change in the fall to carry me through the winter. That wasn't the case this year which is also why I'm not doing it myself. I'll probably go to VOIC this time. My car has only seen Mobil 1 for the entire 57k miles I've had it. I wanted to keep it that way but it looks like that won't be the case. Convenience is a big factor right now.

A Valvoline oil change place just opened near me... If go there if need be. I agree with your decision to go to the VIOC.

My BMW and Mini dealer offer oil changes in under an hour. Ditto for a BMW/Mini indie shop I trust. If I don't have time to do it myself those are the only places I will use.

Only been to 2. One after Katrina and it was Jiffy Lube not bad just average. Other after back surgery was Goodyear and that was best as he had Master Tech change oil.

Where I live the quick lubes often cost as much or more and work is questionable at best. Took a work truck to Quick lube, took almost an hour and cost $80. Then there was the puddle of oil under the truck because they just drained it on to the skid plate and didnt bother to wipe it up. Same truck at the dealer is $67 with a visual inspection.

Doing it yourself and taking your time is always your best bet. As I've said before though, VIOC are clean and have done good work the few times I've been there.

So VIOC wants $94 for a full syn change (they gave me a $20 coupon as I mentioned); Jiffy Lube wants $74 for Pennzoil FS. There is a place called Grease N Go that charges $54 for Mobil 1 so I will be going there tomorrow most likely. The Grease N Go place got very good reviews via yelp/google (this particular location).

$54 is reasonable. $94 is outrageous, but when you break it down over 6 months or more it's not really bad, especially considering the time, mess and weather you're dealing with. This is why I have to get the Fumoto on the next warm day we have. I can live with the filter being on longer than the OCI.

Originally Posted by buster
So VIOC wants $94 for a full syn change (they gave me a $20 coupon as I mentioned); Jiffy Lube wants $74 for Pennzoil FS. There is a place called Grease N Go that charges $54 for Mobil 1 so I will be going there tomorrow most likely. The Grease N Go place got very good reviews via yelp/google (this particular location).

$54 is reasonable. $94 is outrageous, but when you break it down over 6 months or more it's not really bad, especially considering the time, mess and weather you're dealing with. This is why I have to get the Fumoto on the next warm day we have. I can live with the filter being on longer than the OCI.

My BMW dealer charges $90 to change the oil on the N20 in my wife's X1- and it takes six quarts of 0W-30 synthetic. I get an additional 20% discount as I'm a BMW Car Club member.

With a Fumoto valve, and an oil filter located on top of the engine, my garage is as quick as an oil change can get. I actually look forward to my next OCI.

Originally Posted by Voleak
With a Fumoto valve, and an oil filter located on top of the engine, my garage is as quick as an oil change can get. I actually look forward to my next OCI.

That's the perfect set-up. Doesn't get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back