Specs: Fram Extra Guard CA10344

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

I'm in information gathering "mode" and reached out to Fram for specs on their Extra Guard filter for my CR-V--the CA10344. Fram got back to me at 6:47 AM after I pinged them Sunday night.
------------------------------------------------------------
The CA10344 was tested by ISO 5011, it tested at a flow rate of 127.2 CFM, Initial restriction rated 1.42 "H2O, accumulative efficiency of 99.45 %. It has a media surface area of 600 sq in. and a capacity of 200.4 grams.
Thanks for contacting Fram,
------------------------------------------------------------
Of interest is the statement, "accumulative efficiency of 99.45%".

Does "accumulative" mean that it traps 99.45%...initially/new, or when it has a layer of cake/debris on it after accumulating some miles/dust?

Thanks. Good to know they are forthcoming with this information.
thumbsup2.gif

Accumulative efficiency is the percentage of test dust that is captured vs. what was fed to the filter. Accumulative gain is how much weight the filter gains after test.

Originally Posted by Blurider24
and a capacity of 200.4 grams.......?

That's far, FAR higher then what most manufacturers claim for capacity

Given that information, I wonder if mass would be a good indicator of when to change the filter. Well, intake vacuum seems to be a more appropriate measure, but for those that don't have a gauge, but have a scale.

200.4g is a lot--0.44Lb's?? I don't have a basis for comparison. But, when I look at it being spread out over 600 sq inches of filter media...which is a 4.167 sq feet, which gives you an area of ~2 feet x ~2 feet...that seems pretty insignificant.

Like I said though, I have no basis for comparison--can anyone share other information?

I sent requests out to AC Delco, Denso, Fram, Mahle, WIX on Sunday:
AC Delco: Encouraged me to f/u with their service centers for product info as they did not have that information
Denso: No answer yet.
Fram: As noted above.
Mahle: No answer yet.
Wix: No answer yet.

--Cheers!

So, Wix gave me a less specific answer than Fram
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is information on 49058

Product Specifications for part number 49058
http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=1548973 [which is easily found and gives none of the information requested]

WIX Premium Panel Air Filters provide excellent engine protection for normal and severe driving conditions such as stop and go traffic, dirt roads, construction sites, short trips, and interstate travel. WIX filters are recommended for OEM air filter change intervals. These filters contain 30% more media than OES filters and use a phenolic resin treated enhanced cellulose media which provides excellent durability against moisture ingestion. When applicable, the high-tear strength polyurethane seal survives extreme hot and cold temperature conditions. Air filter Laboratory Tests per ISO 5011 at least 99.5% efficiency (Based on Wix 42389)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked up Part 42389, which is for a Dodge Caravan, Town & Country (01-10), Sebring, Avenger (07-10), VW Routan (09-10)

(shrugs) I don't think their response merits a new thread, honestly.

--Cheers!

--For the search engines:
2007 2008 2009 Honda CR-V CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back