Uh, Dad . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
". . . I've just been out in the car. It's not running very well. I think there's water in the gas."

"Well, where is it now?"

"In the lake."

lol.gif

Workmate was telling me yesterday that he was kayaking in a local lake, when a new Nissan Patrol, loaded with options, and racks pulled up at the waterside, on one of the old construction tracks that USED to traverse the lake when it was being built, but now serve as illegal boat ramps...a bit deceptive as the roads appear to cross underwater (which they do).

Patrol heads for the water, and powers in, with a huge bowwave, heading over the hood, and windscreen...snorkel went under, and he said all in their kayaks could feel the "snap" when the diesel engine ingested the water and the shockwave went through the water. Hood floated up, bobbed a few times, and went down to half way up the windows.

Guy reckoned that he's crossed there before no problems...but a few years ago...the water level in the dam moves 40 feet depending on the year.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Workmate was telling me yesterday that he was kayaking in a local lake, when a new Nissan Patrol, loaded with options, and racks pulled up at the waterside, on one of the old construction tracks that USED to traverse the lake when it was being built, but now serve as illegal boat ramps...a bit deceptive as the roads appear to cross underwater (which they do).

Patrol heads for the water, and powers in, with a huge bowwave, heading over the hood, and windscreen...snorkel went under, and he said all in their kayaks could feel the "snap" when the diesel engine ingested the water and the shockwave went through the water. Hood floated up, bobbed a few times, and went down to half way up the windows.

Guy reckoned that he's crossed there before no problems...but a few years ago...the water level in the dam moves 40 feet depending on the year.
I thought stuff like that only happened in the U.S.

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
". . . I've just been out in the car. It's not running very well. I think there's water in the gas."

"Well, where is it now?"

"In the lake."

I suppose he flooded the engine.
smile.gif

When we lived in Edmonton, my daughter (about 19 at the time) woke us up one night saying, "Dad the car isn't running very well."

Turns out she had spun our '81 Toyota Celica on black ice and gone over a curb backwards. In doing so she had ruined 3 tires and bent 3 rims, taking out all 4 wheels. She "drove" it for a couple of hundred yards to a church parking lot and walked home, a quarter mile or so. At least she didn't roll it and no-one was injured.

She and I spent the next morning at various auto wreckers (all having mean-looking dogs) buying matching wheels and the afternoon at a tire shop.

You handled the situation well by keeping her involved. She learned a good lesson about dealing with life and that you still wanted her with you.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
You handled the situation well by keeping her involved. She learned a good lesson about dealing with life and that you still wanted her with you.

Yes that's what was needed. She has become a very good driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back