A Dream Foretold It; Premonition or Random Chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I dreamt I was in a meadow or grassy area, grass very deep and vibrantly green and a house cat was peeking up out of the grass looking at me, a few feet ahead. As I got closer I recognized it as my cat. I walked past and as I walked past he hissed at me-- that noise cats make when startled.

I awoke from this dream and laid there contemplating it for a moment, since it was rather vivid. As usual I had to whizz, which is typically a once per middle of the night thing for me since the onset of middle age, so I got up to go.

As I walked to the bathroom in the dark I stepped on my cat's tail and he hissed at me. He was lying on the floor near the bed.

Dream came first, real thing second. What do you think?

One day sitting and watching TV with my Wife, She brings up an old friend of ours that we haven't seen in 10+ years. We talked about him for quite
a while wondering what ever happened to him. The next day we run down to the local Home Depot and who do we run into? Yep, He is a Minister now
and also a drummer in a Rock band. Talked to him for over an hour right there in the store. Now get this. My Wife has done this about a dozen times over the years.
Freaks me out every single time. She is used to it.

I don't
lol.gif

After your first dream, you didn't really wake up. You had what's called a false awakening. When you stepped on what you thought was your cat's tail, it was just another dream. The real question is if and where you went to pee.
shocked2.gif

You are actually in the cat's dream. Both situations are from the same dream. Also, there's not really such a thing as BITOG or the internet. That cat has a very technical psyche. In reality, people still have bag cell phones and three TV stations. I hope the cat sleeps a while longer since I'm in the dream as well and don't actually exist either.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
You are actually in the cat's dream. Both situations are from the same dream. Also, there's not really such a thing as BITOG or the internet. That cat has a very technical psyche. In reality, people still have bag cell phones and three TV stations. I hope the cat sleeps a while longer since I'm in the dream as well and don't actually exist either.
frown.gif

It's Schrodinger's cat. It was neither dead or alive until you actually stepped on it's tail and it showed that it was alive. With the many worlds interpenetration, every single quantum outcome is realized and it's inevitable that one of those is where this happened.

Of course we could be completely wrong.

Let's hope you didn't have an expectation of adults talking about a real concept like precognition on here unless your cat dragged a bottle of 10w-40 into the room and it became a thick vs. thin dream....then all bets are off.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
One day sitting and watching TV with my Wife, She brings up an old friend of ours that we haven't seen in 10+ years. We talked about him for quite
a while wondering what ever happened to him. The next day we run down to the local Home Depot and who do we run into? Yep, He is a Minister now
and also a drummer in a Rock band. Talked to him for over an hour right there in the store. Now get this. My Wife has done this about a dozen times over the years.
Freaks me out every single time. She is used to it.

That also happened to me about 5 times, I even started a BITOG thread about it.

Someone (ex boss, high school teacher / coach, ex coworker...etc) pops up out of the blue and just 2 days prior you were thinking what ever happened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back