Schaeffer's 8008 vs pennzoil euro lx 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your engine requires a 507 00 oil, correct? If so, then one of those oils has 507 00 approval but the other one does not. That's all that is important, grade is largely irrelevant.

The Schaeffer's oil doesn't even seem to know what it thinks it is "suitable for", based on that hodgepodge of listings.

If you love Schaeffer's fluids id stick with them. Its all i use in all my vehicles, tractors and atvs.
thumbsup2.gif

Plus its cheaper. Personally ive never chosen a engine oil based on approvals and never had any failures either so i guess to each his own.

Originally Posted by Diesel12
If you love Schaeffer's fluids id stick with them. Its all i use in all my vehicles, tractors and atvs.
thumbsup2.gif

Plus its cheaper. Personally ive never chosen a engine oil based on approvals and never had any failures either so i guess to each his own.

Reason being Schaeffer's doesn't have any, so it would be impossible for you to do so.

I used the pennzoil previously in a 2010 touareg tdi. I'm just on the fence. Thinking the 0w30 would be better upon startup, however, no clue how the moly and additive package in the schaeffers would affect the ability to cling/flow/do whatever magical stuff it does at startup.

I've spent more hours reading and researching oils for my motorhome/generator/lawn mower/cars/etc than I'll ever admit. I'm not OCD about many things - just so happens - oil is one of them. Lol.

Correct link to the schaeffer's
https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/288-8008-td.pdf

The Pennzoil Euro LX 0W-30 is a 0W rated oil so you won't get better than that for startup performance.

There is no magic, either the oil meets the pumpability and performance requirements for a 0W or it doesn't.

Go with the one you love....

I love Schaeffer's as a company as well.

Ahhh. So on the fence.

The vi of the pennzoil is fantastic. But the price of the schaeffers is ridiculous. Briefly looked at the redline 5w30td, but seemed about the same as the schaeffers.

Curious about PAO percentage on the pennzoil vs schaeffers?

Originally Posted by Mainia
I always thought Schaffer's was a group 3 oil company??? Is it??

Pretty certain base stock is group iv

Originally Posted by Tydaddy
I used the pennzoil previously in a 2010 touareg tdi. I'm just on the fence. Thinking the 0w30 would be better upon startup, however, no clue how the moly and additive package in the schaeffers would affect the ability to cling/flow/do whatever magical stuff it does at startup.

504/507 oils tend to not include much if any moly additives. As it's a 'low-ash' / mid-SAPS' oil the anti-wear additives must not produce ash if possible (MoDTC does not fall into this category.) For these reasons (and no doubt others) most 504/507 oils are Boron heavy in their additive package. PP Euro LX0W30 is no different with +500ppm Boron.
wink.gif

Regards
Jordan

Last edited:
Even before i started using Schaeffer i still never chose an oil based on approval. So definitely not impossible. Approvals are over rated anyway. Im sure Schaeffer meets and or exceeds some approvals they just dont have the "official" approval. To some it means everything but not to me
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by JFAllen
Originally Posted by Tydaddy

504/507 oils tend to not include much if any moly additives. As it's a 'low-ash' / mid-SAPS' oil the anti-wear additives must not produce ash if possible (MoDTC does not fall into this category.) For these reasons (and no doubt others) most 504/507 oils are Boron heavy in their additive package. PP Euro LX0W30 is no different with +500ppm Boron.
wink.gif

Regards
Jordan

Thanks. Moly is schaeffers thing though.

"Advanced European Performance Mid SAPs SAE 5W-30 also contains two proven frictional
modifiers, Micron Moly®
, a liquid soluble molybdenum and Schaeffer Mfg.'s own proprietary
additive, Penetro. Once plated, these two proven frictional modifiers form a long lasting, slippery,
tenacious lubricant film, which prevents metal surfaces from coming into contact with each other
and helps prevent damaging frictional wear, reduce wear and provide:
ï¶ Increased fuel economy
ï¶ A low coefficient of friction
ï¶ Significantly less bearing, ring, piston, cylinder and valve-train wear
ï¶ Increased engine efficiency and engine durability
ï¶ Increased engine life, less down-time and reduced maintenance costs"

Even before i started using Schaeffer i still never chose an oil based on approval. So definitely not impossible. Approvals are over rated anyway. Im sure Schaeffer meets and or exceeds some approvals they just dont have the "official" approval. To some it means everything but not to me
thumbsup2.gif

That is a unfortunate comment and always made by persons who are trying to justify products from an oil blender that peddles products without certifications or approvals. Schaeffer's isn't the only one like that by the way.

And it isn't "official" approval, it is just plain approval. The products you're constantly trying to push on here don't have any certifications or approvals, period. You can be sure all you like that it meets or exceeds some approvals but there is no evidence to show that they do, the way you show an oil meets an approval is by getting the approval. In this specific example, what it is on the Schaeffer's PDS that leads you to the conclusion this oil meets the totality of VW 507 00 requirements?

I'm perhaps just a bit tired of the deceptive marketing some companies employ when it comes to approvals and certifications. I think it is flat out unethical, I for one am distrustful of any products those companies sell and would advise that you avoid all their products in total. This whole "Im sure Schaeffer meets and or exceeds some approvals they just dont have the "official" approval" nonsense is just that - nonsense.

Yeah Schaffer is just a horrible company right? i mean they have only been around the longest and have a yearly revenue that is roughly the same or more than amsoil which is the holy grail of oil on here. Man they must have bad quality products. Look at reviews on amazon every one of their products rates 4 to 5 stars. i just dont get why Schaeffer gets so many people so butthurt.
All i have to do is post something of Schaeffer oil and everyone gets all riled up its kind of humorous to say the least.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Yeah Schaffer is just a horrible company right? i mean they have only been around the longest and have a yearly revenue that is roughly the same or more than amsoil which is the holy grail of oil on here. Man they must have bad quality products. Look at reviews on amazon every one of their products rates 4 to 5 stars. i just dont get why Schaeffer gets so many people so butthurt.
All i have to do is post something of Schaeffer oil and everyone gets all riled up its kind of humorous to say the least.
lol.gif

Who said anything about Amsoil? I personally do not use it.
Amazon reviews do not equal to approvals. If Schaeffer is so good, no reason to not get approvals. It is very cheap. Same goes for Redline. I told this Redline fans, and I am telling Scfaeffer fans. Approval is very cheap and very easy to get, IF oil can meet those requirements.
But, Amazon....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back