Newest Quaker State full syn, okay for 10K mile OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LE_Oil_Guy
Thanks, Triple_Se7en!

thumbsup2.gif

Well, after changing the oil to the QSUD yesterday the placebo effect was unreal. The car ran amazing on this oil. Had a 70 mile one way jaunt to a volleyball tournament and it seemed a bit more responsive than on the 0w30 edge it replaced. The previous oil filter looked fine even with 10,200 miles on it.

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Well, after changing the oil to the QSUD yesterday the placebo effect was unreal. The car ran amazing on this oil. Had a 70 mile one way jaunt to a volleyball tournament and it seemed a bit more responsive than on the 0w30 edge it replaced. The previous oil filter looked fine even with 10,200 miles on it.

It's the same oil and weight I have reserved for April's OCI. I've decided to put-off the first free oil change from Hyundai Motors until November. They use 5W20 and I want 5W30 for the summer months.

I guess I'd expect a response like that from a self-described amateur gynecologist. Seriously, is this a place for professionals to share knowledge or is this a place for pretentious amateurs with internet bravado? If you already know something, then that's great, no need to pop off. But, I'm willing to bet someone who read my post learned something. In fact, the OP asked if changing the oil filter was really necessary during extended drains so its not common knowledge here at bitog. Also, in my business this discussion comes up all the time and most maintenance professionals don't know that changing oil filters during extended drains is recommended or why it's recommended.

madeej11, beating up on me is done. I made a mistake, came in too hot in my first posts, got talked to by Wayne, and am here to share knowledge on lubrication and asset reliability. I've had a few PM conversations with others also. I am not a newby to the industry and have a lot of knowledge I can share with you and others. So, how about giving me another chance and curb the flippant attitude towards me. Cheers!

Your 2nd ever post I believe you were telling us all why that LE brand of oil is so good. That was similar to this post in that you thought it would be some kind of revelation to us. It wasn't.

*You may consider PP 5W30 (9.8 cst ) for winter fill and QSUD 5W30 (11 cst) for the summer fill .
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by dwcopple

It's the same oil and weight I have reserved for April's OCI. I've decided to put-off the first free oil change from Hyundai Motors until November. They use 5W20 and I want 5W30 for the summer months.

Originally Posted by madeej11
I guess I'd expect a response like that from a self-described amateur gynecologist. Seriously, is this a place for professionals to share knowledge or is this a place for pretentious amateurs with internet bravado? If you already know something, then that's great, no need to pop off. But, I'm willing to bet someone who read my post learned something. In fact, the OP asked if changing the oil filter was really necessary during extended drains so its not common knowledge here at bitog. Also, in my business this discussion comes up all the time and most maintenance professionals don't know that changing oil filters during extended drains is recommended or why it's recommended.

madeej11, beating up on me is done. I made a mistake, came in too hot in my first posts, got talked to by Wayne, and am here to share knowledge on lubrication and asset reliability. I've had a few PM conversations with others also. I am not a newby to the industry and have a lot of knowledge I can share with you and others. So, how about giving me another chance and curb the flippant attitude towards me. Cheers!

Your 2nd ever post I believe you were telling us all why that LE brand of oil is so good. That was similar to this post in that you thought it would be some kind of revelation to us. It wasn't.

It was not informative as the poster thought. It was pure marketing stating LE is just as good as the other certified lubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back