Do you have a fave Motorcycle Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run Mobil1, Valvoline, Rotella, Yamalube, Kawasaki Syn, Amsoil, and Maxima, syns and dino (if they were available in the brand). As far as dino oil goes, nothing beat Maxima Premium4. That stuff even got a better report card than some of the syns! It must have one heck of an additive package.
As far as syns go, Amsoil was great, but again, Maxima Ultra4 takes the gold. That stuff is LOADED with zinc.

I have been using Valvoline conventional motorcycle oil for my 2002 Honda CBR f4i for the past 16,000 miles. It now sits at 32k miles.

It calls for 3.5 quarts of oil. I usually do 2qts of the 20w50 and 1.5 quarts of 10w40. Since it's conventional and I mostly ride when it's warm, I'd like to think the 20w50 is buffering a little from shearing.

Really great bike.

I've 95% of the time used Mobil1 20W-50 full synthetic V-Twin in my Harley-Davidsons with great results other than the dog gone "ticking" noise. This spring I'll be switching to Spectro Golden 20W-50 Semi-Synthetic in my new to me low mileage 2016 Limited. Have also used Spectro products in my tranny & primary with ZERO issues over the years.

I started using Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic in my '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 but then I was concerned the 5w was too light so I then switched to Rotella T4 15w40 dino but later switched again to Petro-Canada Duron-E 10w40 synthetic but now I'm thinking of going back to the Rotella T4 15w40 dino cause the Duron-E is pricey and I don't think I need synthetic so going back to T4 dino. I have 3 jugs of Rotella T Triple Protection 15w40 CJ-4/SM in my stock so I'm going to use that instead of the 10w40 Duron-E synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back