All those in favor of saving gasoline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jimkobb
Please raise your right fooy.

[Linked Image]

Are you talking about the fooy-operated on/off switch?
lol.gif

Urban Dictionary definition of FOOY: its a word that you say when u mess up at something to make you laugh

OP, you posted the correction the same minute as your OP. Did you know that you can edit posts for a certain period of time? I'd recommend you do that from now on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gathermewool

OP, you posted the correction the same minute as your OP. Did you know that you can edit posts for a certain period of time? I'd recommend you do that from now on.

all those in favor of edit function......
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I don't give a fooy.

I like your response the best so far

In efficient vehicles, the savings may amount to a few dollars per week. But an additional 2.5 hours per tankful.

The time wasted going slow has a huge cost.

An Altima has a 600 mile real world range per tank. Going 65 gets you 40 MPG and 85 gets you 36.

You save 1.6 gal of fuel and waste 2.5 hours. Your time is worth about a dollar and a half per hour wasted. Seems really worth it to go fast......

2.5 hours saved per week, 52 weeks per year = 130 hours saved per year. Or more than 3 work weeks!

Originally Posted by Cujet
Going 65 gets you 40 MPG and 85 gets you 36.

That might work for you, Cujet, but some of us can't afford $250 speeding tickets and/or good lawyers....
lol.gif

In efficient vehicles, the savings may amount to a few dollars per week. But an additional 2.5 hours per tankful.

An Altima has a 600 mile real world range per tank. Going 65 gets you 40 MPG and 85 gets you 36.

You save 1.6 gal of fuel and waste 2.5 hours. Your time is worth about a dollar and a half per hour wasted. Seems really worth it to go fast......

2.5 hours saved per week, 52 weeks per year = 130 hours saved per year. Or more than 3 work weeks!

I'm certainly not in a hurry to get to work haha

We need more roundabouts then. Making people sit and idle at traffic lights is immensely wasteful.

It is completely inappropriate to consider this at all. You should be driving with the flow of traffic or if no other traffic is around, about 5MPH over the limit unless you know the area is heavily speed enforced then at the limit to avoid hassles.

It is nobody's road alone, is a public road. Drive that way. Do not impede traffic. Do not be a danger by trying to pass traffic instead of waiting your turn. There is a balance between loss of life and efficient movement of traffic.

If you are going 65MPH and that's under the limit, you should speed up. If you are going 85 and the limit is 65, you should not be allowed to drive unless that speed is necessary to keep the flow of traffic going, and it might be, if you do so just in the passing lane to get around someone going 65.

Otherwise, your time is not that valuable if you are here on a website posting about it. It is always funny how someone takes an ego approach to how important their time is when they waste it telling us about that.

I'm in favor of saving time, so right foot (or, in this case, "fooy") moves down.
wink.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
I don't pay for gas so I could care less!

Well ain't you special.

I save gas to save money. If you grew up during the Saudi oil shock and resulting rationing then you would understand.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by StevieC
I don't pay for gas so I could care less!

Well ain't you special.

I save gas to save money. If you grew up during the Saudi oil shock and resulting rationing then you would understand.

No I understand... I used to pay for gas on my dime (sort of with a car allowance) so I was always shopping for price then. Now I have a fuel card from work and could care less.

I'm a penny minder when it's my penny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back