Dear Abby (Bob?) Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posts that are sprinkled throughout the forum sections would be best off in a subcategory of the Humor section. How about a 'Dear Abby (Bob?)' section? I'm talking about posts that range from the inane to the bizarre to the preposterous - often funny to some while irritating others edlessly. And maybe the post count feature could be disabled for anything but posts in serious categories. And by posts I mean more than a smilie or a two-word reply. I am under the impression that some people post only to rack up their post count because they believe for some reason that a high post count equals some kind of badge of honor.

Oh I can well remember some posts that I would classify as Dear Abby posts.

I often wonder if they were real.

They will post there if that's the only place they can post.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by kschachn
The people that should post there will not.

Exactly right

If somone posts about his favorite motor oil for salad dressing for the 5th time he could be restricted to posting only at the Dear Abby section.

Originally Posted by dishdude
So a special section for the pee in the cowl stuff?

I'm glad I missed that one, I think, but you have grasped the concept.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Honestly I wish BITOG would get rid of the post count. WHO CARES!

Says the man posting "humor" 30x a day

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by StevieC
Honestly I wish BITOG would get rid of the post count. WHO CARES!

Says the man posting "humor" 30x a day

Please show me where there is a limit? Please also show me where it forces you to read them.

The post count I have is from having discussions with folks in the past before the great break from here until recently.

Originally Posted by blupupher
isn't that what off topic is for?

I believe that General and Off-Topic is for topics that do not fall in any of the forum categories. The insincere or ludicrous stuff should be posted in the humor section because that makes it less irritating and easy to avoid altogether if one so desires.

My engine is half a quart overfull !!!!!! Will it damage my engine ? Shall I drain and refill with new oil to the correct level ?
crackmeup2.gif

Yeah, I rarely click on these types of posts because I've learned they're usually the same old same old from the same people. How many times do you wear your jeans before washing them? I parked on the street and blocked a driveway and the home owner got mad....what to do? I got a speeding ticket for 75 in a 45....what to do? I met a woman on Tinder who has 4 kids from 4 different ex husbands and she seems really nice and sincere....what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back