Mother's Carnauba Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my car back from the painter; it's a two stage base & clear coat black. The painter said to use Mother's Carnauba Wax with no cleaner in a few months. Any thoughts on that product?

Nothing wrong with Mother's. They make quality products. The advice to not use a cleaner wax is good.

Edit To add: Consider Mother's new CMX Spray sealant. That would look great on black and with far less effort.

Last edited:
You cannot go wrong with name brand products like mothers that are available literally at any auto parts store or walmart.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Consider Mother's new CMX Spray sealant. That would look great on black and with far less effort.

I can't find it anywhere! Where are you buying it?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by PimTac
Consider Mother's new CMX Spray sealant. That would look great on black and with far less effort.

I can't find it anywhere! Where are you buying it?

I haven't bought any. From what I've read on the Autogeek forums it sells out very quickly.

I mentioned the Mothers CMX Spray since it is a hot topic on detailing forums but any quality brand of spray sealant will work fine. Black paint has the tendency to show swirls a lot more than other colors. Anything one can do to reduce manipulation like circular application of wax is a plus.

Using quality thick microfiber towels is another suggestion.

Originally Posted by double vanos
According to Mothers website it should be fully rolled out by April I believe. Expected price will $19.95 .

Very excited to see how the CMX works as a standalone LSP.

I'm waiting on my bottle of Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax to arrive - it's ability to be used as a drying aid and/or spray-on, rinse-off product is exciting.

I love trying new products - and the consumer market is moving fast right now.

These newer products in my opinion are part of a paradigm shift away from the traditional paste wax. That doesn't mean paste wax will go away any time soon but the popularity of these new spray sealants is going to overtake wax and become the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back