Meatball Gigante and Irish Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd like a giant meatball with creamy wild mushroom and pancetta sauce, I have a recommendation for you. Tony's Pizza in San Francisco's North Beach district has the dish for you. I suggest you order a side of penne or some other pasta since the Meatball Gigante dish comes without pasta. The meatball is over 3 inches in diameter and one will do you. I'll post a picture as soon as I get it off my phone. I went for the best Irish coffee in town at Buena Vista at Fisherman's Wharf afterwards. The recipe is no secret:

Fill glass with very hot water to warm, then empty.

Fill glass 3/4 full with hot black coffee.

Add two sugar cubes, stirring until dissolved.

Add 1 1/3 oz Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey.

Top with a collar of whipped heavy whipping cream, pouring over with a spoon.

Serve and enjoy hot.

Not sure about the meatball but I have a lot of great memories of the Buena Vista and absent friends drinking Irish Coffees as a topper to the day or night in SF. Great place and an institution...and thanks for the recipe.

Irish coffees or Kahlua and coffee gets you drunk and keeps you awake to enjoy the drunk.

I had dinner at Original Joes with the Family on Dec 27 last December.

Originally Posted by CT8
Irish coffees or Kahlua and coffee gets you drunk and keeps you awake to enjoy the drunk.

I always have two and then I stop.

Originally Posted by CT8
I had dinner at Original Joes with the Family on Dec 27 last December.

That place has been around forever!

The Meatball Gigante at Toy's Pizza Napoletana is bigger than it looks in my picture. Most of it is covered with sauce and mushrooms. It's really good. It doesn't have the typically overpowering "Italian flavor," by which I mean the spice anise, which I don't like all that much. As I said, get a side of plain pasta with it because there is a lot of delicious sauce.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back