Fram Ultra XG-10575 9k kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used on my 2018 F150 5.0. Only in use for 9k kms. Got down to 4% oil life remaining. Saw lots of -30 and colder temps, lots of idle time using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20. A new ultra went on but this time with some Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus 5w-30.

F9A74651-58BD-44F3-A790-4DD0E988EAB4.jpeg

168FEB7A-D12B-4576-B156-836128817AED.jpeg

8ED49900-FD79-4FF0-AF21-DB13ABD2AAFF.jpeg

B752559D-E048-41B0-8C3C-7D6E6500432F.jpeg

F755436F-F2C4-4E59-83A6-BFC9A5D28CA3.jpeg

Looks perfect. Only filters I buy now. I run mine for 1 year, so I will be changing the GM in March. I am sure it will look just like yours. Thanks for the pics.

yea it very easily could have done double duty for me but for warranty I have to change the oil when the iolm tells me. I wished that it had gone further... but it tracked down quickly with this extreme cold weather and short trips. Hopefully I will get to do a longer interval for this one. The truck is still new, less then 19k kms on it now. When it gets a little older I will push the intervals quite a bit. Or start using lesser products. I'm sure that an orange can and some PYB would serve me quite well with these short intervals. But I like the Ultra...

That's a really good looking one. Pleats around the seam look good too. You could buy one for the next time when you do an oil change and leave them in for another 10k. That way you gotta receipt for warranty purposes and don't need to dispose of a perfectly good filter way before it's necessary

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
This is my preferred once a year filter. I may change oil two or three times over the year. Can't seem to find them on Rock Auto.

Multipacks on ebay are an incredible value. I got a 2 pack and have 2.5 years on the first one with a year still to go. Hope it's ok!

Please explain how it is people know this filter can run longer. I see black pleats, and there is no way to tell how the filter is loaded in the fibers from looking at it. Or is is just people think it has to be good for longer because the box says so? That's just an up to number on the box. I would have been happy I changed that for a new one, especially in cold weather.

"2018 F150 5.0. Only in use for 9k kms."

9K km = 5600 miles.

New motor, so not dirty inside. Therefore, yes ... the filter (rated for up to 20K miles) could have went longer.

Yep. This filter could have easily been used much longer. I'm not one to use a filter for more then one interval. And I was getting close on my iolm. Had a day off of work so I changed it. I usually tend to go longer then this... just how things aligned this time. I had oil and a filter sitting waiting in the garage so I changed it at my convenience. I do feel bad though... other then the extreme cold that we have had recently (-30c temps) I really feel like some pyb and a Fram extra guard would have no problems with this interval. Hopefully my iolm will start tracking higher mileage for these subsequent changes. Or I may have to start ignoring the iolm and going longer as the engine ages. This was only about 250 hours according to the hour meter on the truck. I would like to be around 500 hours on this truck I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back