Norinco JW15 synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked one up today with the intent to modify it a bit and help a mate out whose getting into shooting.

Dead set, it's a dead ringer for a Model 2 Brno (I've got a 1967 one of those), and there are great reviews on line.

Covered in heaps of grease, as they are...took two hours longer to get home as I had to double back and come home the long way after a motorcyclist hurled himself at the scenery, closing the arterial road.

Pics tomorrow after I get the grease off

Never even heard of it, must see.
banana2.gif

Chinese CZ 452 copy? Did you get the package deal, threaded barrel with a scope? They do get good reviews.

Not so much the 452, this is a side by side with a 1967 Model 2 Brno.

Degreased it, dry fired it with empty case in the chamber, trigger is very heavy, and a different, much simpler design than the Brno.

Removed iron sights to fit the scope (they were ROUGH, and not even)...and yes, the bolt handle clears the scope...phew, they are a bit tight on these rifles.

20190210_120453.jpg

20190210_123532.jpg

20190210_130305.jpg

$260 Oz
less than 25% of the cost of a new CZ
$120 for the scope.

(the 1967 model 2 I paid $450 as is in 1998/9)

If my price translation is correct that roughly $185 usd so that a great price. I love our Savage Mark II and would like another small caliber bolt gun. Thanks for the info.

Most Chinese manufactured weapons have been banned in the U.S.A. for 25 years or so. One might be able to buy a preban Chinese weapon at a gun show, but no need to. New rimfire rifles from American companies can be had for less than $200 and new base model CZ's for less than $400. I bought a new Marlin 60 a year ago for $160 OTD and it has been flawless. The 60 is semi automatic though rimfire bolt guns are similarly priced.

Last edited:
55 yards (50m)
Put 100 or so through it today.

Fed well, bolt started to smooth out....trigger not so good. Needs work.I blame that for the pictures.. 1' squares.

I always use subs at the range, less wind drift than supers.

Tried some minimags and they ran about 6" high

20190213_181255.jpg

20190213_181247.jpg

Had it out again today with the guy that I built it for.

Fitted QD sling swivels and a bipod.

His first time ever at the range (done some small plinking at farmer's properties), and he was consistently able to hit a tuft of grass at 100m (110yards) on the butts...certainly minute of bunny.

Very satisfied, and is going to buy it when his paperwork comes through.

Played with the bedding on the weekend...floted the barrel and sone temporary(ish) bedding for the action.

Red square is an inch.

Range is 55 yards

5 shot group my turn
4 shot group my mate who will probably buy it...his first shot was at the lower red square before he moved to the centre target.

Getting happy.. little more work and I'll be really happy

20190306_171746.jpg

20190306_171748.jpg

Guy I built it for took it out the other day spotlighting, and then plinking at a spinner at various ranges...got a rabbit and a hare, and was very consistent on the spinners with Winchester 40gr sub hollow points/

Loves it...is going to buy it...and all up 1/3 the price of going the mainstream route.

(Now he's hooked, he's researching his next).

They make a really good basis for something a little different...like a myra extruder 0.17 ????

hmmmm.....thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back