Pollen season already :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have barely made it out of January and here in Florida we are getting dusted with pollen already. I don't remember it coming this early last year, but I could be wrong. I detailed the Jetta and Accord today, they are looking nice a clean this evening but we know tomorrow will be a different story. I haven't ran into any products that seem to repel pollen, so let me know if you know of any that work!

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

btw, nothing you can do about pollen. neither was no ceramic coating can make it any better

If you already have a clean car I personally found one of those car dusters to work quite well. I also did not have a brand new car finish that I would be too worried if I picked up something and left minor scratches. If you can't go through a brush car wash then this probably is for you.

We had an 80° spell last week and it woke our trees up a little as well.

If it is just pollen/light dust, the best I have found is the garden hose without a head. The water should sheet right off and you won't need to dry much, if at all.

That is of course assuming you have a properly prepped and sealed finish. I think yours is.
wink.gif

Try Finish Kare 425. It has an anti-static agent that can help reduce the amount of pollen/dust.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
We had an 80° spell last week and it woke our trees up a little as well.

If it is just pollen/light dust, the best I have found is the garden hose without a head. The water should sheet right off and you won't need to dry much, if at all.

That is of course assuming you have a properly prepped and sealed finish. I think yours is.
wink.gif

This is the right idea. A quality sealant will leave a very slick finish that enables the pollen to blow off while driving or be washed off with water. It also does not allow as much dirt buildup in the same sense and that is what pollen sticks to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back