Pennzoil Platinum EURO LX 0W-30 Made in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanning through the local Canadian Tire aisle, I noticed that the PP Euro LX 0W30 is Made in Germany now. I don't recall this being the case with the previous PP Euro oils.

IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

Huh, I'll have to take a look at the quarts I have in the garage.

How much is Canadian Tire charging for that jug?

Last edited:
Here is a shot of Euro LX in the CT in Calgary. Like your sample, it's made in Germany. The Euro L 5w30 and the Euro 5w40 that we're on the shelf beside it were blended in Canada. This was last September. Good eye!

I believe CT was running a sale in the $32 to $35 range. I believe the rest of the PP products as well as Quaker State normally sold in Canada are blended by Shell Canada. (SOPCAN). ( I made up that name.)
lol.gif

A984B619-212F-4861-B4C2-214DDE083A3C.jpeg

9B60CCC2-02ED-4D45-A1AE-83B484CFAAE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Here is a shot of Euro LX in the CT in Calgary. Like your sample, it's made in Germany. The Euro L 5w30 and the Euro 5w40 that we're on the shelf beside it were blended in Canada. This was last September. Good eye!

I believe CT was running a sale in the $32 to $35 range.

The Canadian formulas are 5wX because they can't get all the sand out.
27.gif

Low saps, DPF safe if it's 504/507 approved.....oh it isn't actually approved except for the MB 229.x
The only approved 504/507 Volkswagen oils I have encountered are 5W30

I can get that locally and it is high on my "want to try" list. I have no idea if it is German made for sale here, now I will need to check!

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

The Canadian formulas are 5wX because they can't get all the sand out.
27.gif

Haha! Better check your gas tank!
laugh.gif

That's a great price! Cheapest I can get it down here is $10/qt as Advance Auto doesn't consider this to be part of the specials when they run them.

i always question is made in germany for use + sale in germany the same blend as made for export where Group III's are legally "synthetic" but NOT in Germany!!

Originally Posted by benjy
i always question is made in germany for use + sale in germany the same blend as made for export where Group III's are legally "synthetic" but NOT in Germany!!

No Pennzoil for the german market.

Originally Posted by turboseize
Originally Posted by benjy

No Pennzoil for the german market.

Maybe under another name?

Originally Posted by Trav
Yes. Shell Helix Ultra Professional AV-L, being GTL it is not listed legally as a true synthetic but it is (Fischer-Tropsch process).

https://www.shell.de/autofahrer/she...helix-ultra-professional-av-l-0w-30.html

If the Pennzoil is identical to the AV-L, it surely is a good oil (see my UOAs for reference). The Shell is also very reasonably priced. Last time i paid 24€ for a 5-liter-jug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back