96 Civic - 5w30 Castrol Magnatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I would stay with the Magnatec personally and report looks good
smile.gif

Thanks

^^^↑^^^^^

I agree. Castrol magnatec is a great oil... Hols up well in everything it is used in. Even Ford Ecoboost motors..

It looks good try going 5K the lube will work well at this mileage short tripping is the hardest driving you can do on the engine.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I would stay with the Magnatec personally and report looks good
smile.gif

Thanks

^^^↑^^^^^

I agree. Castrol magnatec is a great oil... Hols up well in everything it is used in. Even Ford Ecoboost motors..

I agree I think it's a good oil, going to be monitoring the next oil interval (testing early with evacuation pump). Then I can see if it is on the same path as this UOA.

Originally Posted by dave1251
It looks good try going 5K the lube will work well at this mileage short tripping is the hardest driving you can do on the engine.

No I won't be trying 5k miles, not when it was obvious that the short tripping caused the flashpoint, viscosity to decrease due to fuel dilution. I do agree that the short trips are the hardest, and I try to get it out over the weekend for more highway driving. But.. It's winter in Michigan and when there is one snowstorm, ice storm after another, getting home is the safest option, lol.
thumbsup2.gif

The easiest solution is to monitor it, and if it's an earlier oil change then that's the answer. Doesn't have this issue when it gets warmer outside. I don't think switching to Castrol EDGE would really be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back